Proof prefit headspace issue?

Juicymeat

Private
Minuteman
Feb 24, 2013
So I just spun on a 6 dasher prefit from Proof onto a Lone Peak Fuzion. The go gauge passes, but the no go closes with zero resistance. Everything is new, clean, and the bolt fully disassembled. Gauges are from Manson and the barrel was torqued on at 80 ft/lbs as recommended by the guys at Lone Peak. First time I've had a barrel close on a no go, but I have heard that it isn't the end of the world so long as it doesn't close on a field gauge. Any truth to this? I don't have a field gauge, but tried the tape method on the no go to add .002" and it would not close. Anyone have dimensions for a 6 dasher field gauge?

I figure the most realistic issue is that it would work the brass a little more than a tighter chamber, but any concern of faster case head separation? Any other problems you guys can think of that I'm missing?

Thanks

No-go is .005 longer than a Go, field is another .005 beyond that. Youre good.

Thanks you!

Agree with supersubes. Had the same issue with a proof on a defiance, emailed Manson and they cut their NG .004 longer than go.

Good to hear. Measured my gauges and my go/no-go are indeed .004 difference as well. Did you notice any excessive brass stretching/shoulders blowing out on your set up?