• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Proof research rifles

Greenwood187

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 7, 2012
Fresno, CA
Looking into purchasing an MTR in 300 prc. Have had plenty of custom rifles built by many great smiths. Done my own orgin with proof prefit myself. I know they are pretty much that. Looking for feedback from y’all who have experience with complete rifles from proof research.

Thanks

I don’t personal own one but have all the components: Origin, Proof CF barrel prefit, TT special, and AG stock. Outside of assembly, it’s hard to see a weak point in the rifle. Didn’t buy one because I had certs for action and barrel. Control round feeding is a must on a hunting rifle IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: Greenwood187
I got one for my brother as a getting out of the usmc gift this past july. It’s an elevation in 6.5cm. I think it’s hard to beat for the price. Fit and finish are on par with my custom rifles and it immediately shot under half moa with what factory ammo we could find for it. I wouldn’t hesitate if it checks all the boxes you have as far as caliber, barrel length, stock style, etc. overall I know he’s stoked about it and I’m sure he’ll put down quite a few critters with it for years to come.

Reactions: Greenwood187
I have an elevation MTR in FDE in 300PRC. Damn good deal for what it is. Super light. I put a APA little bastard to reduce recoil. Feels like a 308. Very accurate, was hitting sub 1/2 MOA over the weekend. Went to an extreme long range on Saturday and was hitting steel at 1450yards. Happy to answer any questions you have on it

Attachments

• DA169944-4F2E-4CE2-ABB7-90C0FA4F82A2.jpeg
    DA169944-4F2E-4CE2-ABB7-90C0FA4F82A2.jpeg
    326.6 KB · Views: 974
I had an MTR in 300 win mag, and it shot lights out right out of the box. I have since stripped it all down and done it in a 300 prc but my mtr, while it was in the win mag platform, shot .3 groups with me hardly trying. Alot of gun for the money.

I talk to owen almost daily lol he’s who is go through to get one. Looking for real world experience on them.
Just ordered up what will be my 3rd Proof pre-fit 6.5 from him yesterday these barrels are such a flipping bargain it's crazy. Hands down @Front Range Precision gets my biz for whatever I can buy from Owen.

I have an elevation MTR in FDE in 300PRC. Damn good deal for what it is. Super light. I put a APA little bastard to reduce recoil. Feels like a 308. Very accurate, was hitting sub 1/2 MOA over the weekend. Went to an extreme long range on Saturday and was hitting steel at 1450yards. Happy to answer any questions you have on it
have you run this thing suppressed by any chance? I have the exact same rifle on order and pretty much plan on running it dedicated suppressed and with a ZCO or NF glass