• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

PRS Talk PRS Match Load

The answer to this should always be whatever bullet and load that shoots consistently and accurately from your rifle and that you are confident in. This question is so general that you could never expect to get an answer that could be useful to you.

You might look at the "Precision Rifle Blog" by Cal Zant. He collects a ton of data from PRS shooters about equipment and cartridges. I've not seen actual load data but you can at least see what cartridges are popular and go from there.

I run Hornady factory ammunition in both 6.5 and 6 creed rifles. .25'' groups out of both rifles. While my friends are testing bullets/powder, searching for more velocity, tuning rifles, trying to figure out why there rifles dont shoot one day to the next, I get my 10-20 rounds in and put my rifle up.

I run Hornady factory ammunition in both 6.5 and 6 creed rifles. .25'' groups out of both rifles. While my friends are testing bullets/powder, searching for more velocity, tuning rifles, trying to figure out why there rifles dont shoot one day to the next, I get my 10-20 rounds in and put my rifle up.

hows your win/loss record though?

LOL I thought we would have some fun with my post.

Break in almost complete with the 6 creed. Another 100 rounds of brass and ill be working up load. I'm really looking hard at the Sierra 110's.

lol im just bustin on you...really the 140 eld stuff shoots awesome, ive ran probably 800-1k rounds thru 2 different barrels now and theres nothing about how it shoots that couldnt win any regular prs match

if your friends are really struggling that bad with their reloads, it says more about their reloading skills (or lack there of) than how well factory ammo shoots tho lol

lol im just bustin on you...really the 140 eld stuff shoots awesome, ive ran probably 800-1k rounds thru 2 different barrels now and theres nothing about how it shoots that couldnt win any regular prs match

if your friends are really struggling that bad with their reloads, it says more about their reloading skills (or lack there of) than how well factory ammo shoots tho lol

Believe me i knew it was coming. Just trying to have a little fun today. Agree with your comments. Hornady has done a fantastic job with their creedmoor ammunition and it can win. I think their ammunition going to win a lot of gas gun matches.