• We're live!

We've got the homepage updated and subscriptions are now managed through HideTV. If you run into any bugs please contact alexj-12 or use our contact form for help!

ENTER HIDETV VIEW THREAD

PRS/NRL Matches in and around the Carolinas

hlpressley

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
May 25, 2017
Charlotte, NC
Where are you Carolina folks shooting? Looking to jump into some precision rimfire matches and wanted to hear where you all shoot. I’m not new to shooting or to competition, but I am new to the precision rimfire matches. I have bought a good bit of what I feel like is decent gear to get started, but have yet to dive in.

Please share your matches and or your suggestions for a newbie looking to jump in.

Thanks in advance!

There is a match today at Piedmont Handgunners Assoc. Little local match. Costs $10. They will shoot it two more times this year when there is a fifth Sat. They also shoot 22 bench rest on the third Saturday of every month, and then the following Thurs morning. It’s not as exciting as PRS style, but it’s trigger time and it’s enjoyable. Tarheel three gunners in Marshville runs true PRS qualifiers matches. Their next one is Aug 31. It’s a pretty good match with the usual PRS props- rocks, tractor tires, rooftop etc... sign up on practiscore. Dprc in Mebane runs a monthly match. Used to go to it, but haven’t been in a long time. The have a website, and I’m sure the info is listed. They also shoot PRS at Clinton house, SC. I haven’t been to one yet, but they shoot a lot of competition there, so I would think it would be a good match. All of the sanctioned PRS matches are on their website. Hopefully this will get you started.

Reactions: Keith E.