PRS Talk PRS stages/props/obstacles

shooting4sanity

Private
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2017
eastern Washington
I'm looking for fun and/or unique shooting props you've seen at matches to replicate at a small local range. For example, I recently shot a match with a boat simulator stage, it was difficult but a blast. It also had a standing shot from the upper framework, that may have been slightly easier than the prone position. Another stage had a roof-top simulator but with an opening to one side. You had to shoot through the opening, the roof top and from standing in the opening. So, what are some of the best, toughest or funnest stages you've shot at matches? Thanks.
20180520_102107-02.jpeg
20180520_102611-01.jpeg
20180520_132108-01.jpeg

A tank trap where you have to shoot off one of the legs mid-leg.......you have to keep the gun from sliding down the leg makes follow up shots tough and you have no rear support unless you game the game with a tripod.

@Walker TR , the tank trap is something that even my limited carpentry skills could pull off, and I agree with you that it can prove to be a very challenging stage.
@Sheldon N , pounding in a t-post is definitely in my skill set and shooting from the top of one of those is a pain, especially with no tripod for a rear support. As simply as that would be, it's one I need to use.
@Diver160651 , I see where a bungee cord/rope would be a rather unstable primary support. Do you mean stretching the rope horizontally or hanging vertical with some sort of loop? Something like a tire swing?

Thanks for the input and I'd appreciate more ideas.

Either between two posts or an A-frame. You can use a rope that drapes between them. It is very unstable, but a bungee in this format is really, really tough.. not practical really.

I made a portable simulator that can act like several of the items mentioned, side of a tank trap, top of a fence post, fence, rope swing, catle gate, pvc roller, roof peak, rope swing etc. here http://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/updated-rrs-tripod-barricade-practice-device.6841189/

For what it is worth, I only use a GC. But I showed baracde stops and locks in an attempt to illustrate some of the practice devices used on similar barricades.

You can’t be a true PRS shooter until you shoot off of a toilet like they had at Peacemaker a couple years ago. ?

Been there, done that. LOL

Honestly you don't have to replicate every prop or stage. Use the basics(tank trap, barricade, roof, boat, tires) and work off of them and then when you do something similar you can improvise and make it work. It's not about practicing every exact stage but being able to make it work on a stage you won't think of.