• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Pt Evil Roy steel targets?

Re: Pt Evil Roy steel targets?

I have one. It works, but I think the folding action is clunky. After a few dozen rounds it starts rattling loose. The legs are prone to get hit with rifle fire but there isn't much you can do about that. The weld on my plate now has a crack in it after perhaps 300-400 rounds of impact from .308 and a few hundred from handguns that I need to fix. It's also heavy and you don't want to lug it too far if you can avoid it. The wing nuts holding the plate also cracked from impact forces. The bolts holding it together are also being beat up really badly and I suspect will go soon.

On the plus side, the plate has sustained no damage from high power rifle impacts. The bullet deflecting downward is no problem as it just makes a line of splatter and I think it's safer that way than a wobbly plate where the fragments can go in random directions. The price would be reasonable if they can fix the other issues.

Overall though I'd make one myself next time or look at other options from different vendors. I'm not overly impressed with this stand as it currently is. The ability to fold may make it a little easier for setup, but the added complexity is not taking the bullet abuse very well.