Quality Rail Riser?

Peterpan

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 20, 2018
I’ve got a defiance deviant with a integrated 20 moa rail but need atleast another 20 moa and would like to buy an elevated Picatinny rail riser. Who makes a good sturdy elevated rail riser??
I see field and cave have made them but have none in stock and I’m not sure they intend to make any more anytime soon. Thanks

I'm running an adjustable ivey on my 375ct. They come in moa or mil. They add a pile of elevation. Mine adds from 0-200moa. I dont know if thats what you need, or more of a static rail of 40 or so.
Xdeano

Reactions: gnochi
As others have said go with a 20 moa mount. Rail riser most likely would put you head position to high on you cheek rest. I also have an Ivey adjustable and like it very much but the other option would be the ERA-TAC adjustable mount it goes 0-70 moa. What caliber are we talking here??

Reactions: Bradu
I’ve got a defiance deviant with a integrated 20 moa rail but need atleast another 20 moa and would like to buy an elevated Picatinny rail riser. Who makes a good sturdy elevated rail riser??
I see field and cave have made them but have none in stock and I’m not sure they intend to make any more anytime soon. Thanks

A reliable alternative, 0-40 MOA addition at roughly 1/3 the cost of the adjustable ERA-TAC - https://www.burrisoptics.com/mounting-systems/rings/xtr-signature-rings That noted, the ERA-TAC, or a Cold Shot, are a large bunch easier to use. The Ivey is also an excellent solution (had one and loved it) but they approach 2x the cost of the ERA-TAC or Cold Shot.

As far as I can tell, the Ivey is the only option that’s adjustable with the mil scale, if you happen to like dialing in mils with easy math.

Also, I’ve been using the Signature XTR rings with no issues for a bit over a year now.

you could read more on these . If its a good product I have no idea just saw them last night .
its an adjustable rail or so it says . in mill or moa

you could read more on these . If its a good product I have no idea just saw them last night .
its an adjustable rail or so it says . in mill or moa

I justdone some reading on the cold shot last night. It seems like a decent product. I’d like to know if it holds poa under excessive recoil.

I have the JP Enterprises One Piece Flat Top Optical Mount. I purchased the following from OpticsPlanet.com

Hawke Sport Optics Picatinny to Picatinny 1/2inch Riser, 5inch Long, Black, 22411 - 67-T8-HSONN29-22411

Leapers UTG Super Slim Picatinny Riser Mount, 0.5in Height, 13 Slots MT-RSX5L - LP-T8-SSPRM-MT-RSX5L

I thought that 1/2" would help with the eye relief. I think it did. I ended up sticking with the Hawke Sports riser.

Sorry so late -

The Ivey looks great and I've heard other good reviews on it. Before I spent that much, I think I'd consider plunking down more and getting a TARAC. I'm actually up against this decision now and have been waffling. On my 338LM, I'm out of vertical on the scope at the distance I'm shooting, so to go longer, something has to give. At least with a TARAC, I could swap it between our different guns.