• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Question for Forster Co-Ax press owners

TBass

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 3, 2008
Colorado
I am looking at purchasing a Forster Co-Ax and mounting it to a very sturdy bench; however, the bench is very shallow bench only extends 13” away the wall.

Can someone tell me when the ram handle is up will it hit my wall if mounted to such a shallow bench?… and does adding an Inline Fabrication elevated mount change the needed distance to clear the wall behind it?

My Co-Ax has the short handle and all you need is 6.5" of bench space for the handle to clear. So with 13" of bench space you will be fine. BTW, I've used the long handle and switched to the short handle when I found out the long throw and extra leverage definitely was not needed. Not even close.

The Inline Fabrication base looks like you will need more bench space. Looks like it spaces the press further back from the front edge of the bench. Unless you need the extra height, you don't need the Inline unit.

Reactions: sinister
I am looking at purchasing a Forster Co-Ax and mounting it to a very sturdy bench; however, the bench is very shallow bench only extends 13” away the wall.

Can someone tell me when the ram handle is up will it hit my wall if mounted to such a shallow bench?… and does adding an Inline Fabrication elevated mount change the needed distance to clear the wall behind it?
I have one setup on a 2x12 shelf and works perfect. Mod.1 eyeball says ~ about halfway or slightly more of the depth is used. Keep in mind that is with the ball handle, not the longer lever handle that comes with it. ETA: theres also tons of usable space behind the press when mounted.

If you use a short handle and a throw limiter pin the handle will rest leaning toward the loader rather than the far wall -- more like this:.

co ax.jpg

20190218_195940-jpg.166396

1724005466816.png

Rough measurements. Approximately 8.5" of bench required for standard handle length (if mounting directly to the bench). The standard Inline Fabrication Ultramount require a 11.5" depth of mounting space on the bench for the legs but, you'll need roughly 13.25 to 13.5" of depth in order to clear the standard length handle.

The Junior or Micro Ultramount will give you more room since it has an offset/overhang design as well as a smaller base footprint.

Last edited: