• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rabbit chili

I would think you could put about any meat in Chili and have it taste like Chili if you simmer long enough and break it down. I mainly eat elk, and rarely think about small game. We have a shit ton of Jackrabbits, I have heard those are pretty tough though. I see plenty of cottontails too, but rarely think about harvesting them.

Somehow I was under the impression that rabbits have some type of disease (Tulerimia?) that is far more prevalent in them during the summer months?

No fat was added.

I think the pressure cooker keeps it from drying out. That and a short cook time.

The rabbit was not added until the very end then let it simmer for about 20 min.
That would be different then. Rabbit drys out from lack of fat, unless cooked only a short time. No matter how much water its in

Grew up on rabbit and squirrel as a child. Don't ever recall having anything wild in the summer months (guessing due to seasons for such), mostly started in September and went through March/April. I do recall eating domesticated rabbit in late July August though. My grandmother would make the best gravy after the critters were prepared!!! Grew up in SE NE and squirrel season was bigger there than dove season in western KS!!!