• Frank's Lesson's Contest

We want to see your skills! Post a video between now and November 1st showing what you've learned from Frank's lessons and 3 people will be selected to win a free shirt. Good luck everyone!

Create a channel Learn more
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Radian Raptor-LT Charging Handle

Originalist Trigger

Semper Fidelis
Minuteman
Oct 8, 2020
TX and CO
I'm looking for any experience, pros/cons, reliability/durability comments, etc... on the Radian Raptor-LT Charging Handle. The Raptor-LT handles are machined from 7075 aluminum, MILSPEC Type III hard anodized (like all other Raptor Charging Handles), but the the "LT" model is then over-molded with high-strength, fiberglass reinforced polymer, and I have some concerns about the long-term durability of this polymer overlay and potential reliability issues if/when the polymer edges or dimensions get "rolled" or damaged. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I have 2, one being on my to go rifle i used extensively last year. I can easily say over 8000 rds because i took 6 classes and each weekend was over 1000 rds. No issues.

I have 2 LT's and 2 regular Raptors. I don't think you'll have any durability issues, I shoot quite a bit and they're both fine. Really the only reason to buy them is they're cheaper and have a smaller form factor incase you're worried about the handles snagging on kit or something.

Thanks gentlemen. I've run the several different types of charging handles in my rifles, and have always preferred the Raptor. I currently have all my rifles outfitted with the NP3 coated Raptor, but I'm building a lot right now, and needed to bulk order some charging handles, and the NP3s are out of stock everywhere. Based on your experience and recommendations, I'll go with the LT version for these builds. Much appreciated!

If you plan to suppress, they make another really nice one with a "fishbone" around the gas tube to prevent all the gases from making it to your face. Just wanted to point that out in case you hadn't considered it.

If you plan to suppress, they make another really nice one with a "fishbone" around the gas tube to prevent all the gases from making it to your face. Just wanted to point that out in case you hadn't considered it.

Thanks, I have several of those as well, and they do a decent job of diverting some of the blowback, but the downside is they're a little more difficult to clean.

Good point. I imagine it'll be tough cleaning with the extra gases from the suppressor no matter what you do. But, when running unsuppressed, perhaps another charging handle is the way to go.

JP Rifles uses these as standard equipment in the GMR 15 9 mm Carbine Ready Rifles. I have 2 of them and never an issue, nor have I heard one. I use my main gun in USPSA and have about 8000 rounds through it. I think it is a great handle.

Mine have not had any issue, I had the same concern as you. The benefit of them is that they don't tear things to crap if you drive with the rifle in your vehicle. My BCM charging handle is definitely beefier, but my Radian LT functions a little smoother and the the BCM has some aggressive outer edges.