• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

RCBS Gold Medal 308 FL Bushing Die

Afkirby

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 21, 2009
Mechanicsville, MD
Recently picked up an RCBS Gold Metal FL Bushing Die. Will it act as a FL "shoulder bump" die without a bushing installed? Was thinking about using it in conjunction with a lee collet die to control neck tension, or maybe even getting a smaller bushing and using a mandrel to size the necks. I've been using a Forster FL sizing die with the expander ball removed and a TiN mandrel for reloading 223 with good results.

It should, but I don't use the RCBS Gold Medal F/L bushing die, but I use the Redding F/L bushing die and it does work like a body die that F/L sizes and bumps the shoulder, but doesn't touch the shoulder without a bushing installed.

The easiest answer to your question is for you to take some fired cases, measure the shoulder with your comparator or case gauge and then size the cases W/O the bushing and again measure to see where you are.

I also use a Lee Collet die with a body die (or my Redding F/L bushing die W/O bushing) to make accurate ammo with very low runout.

Try it.