• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Re-intro and question

Lurker

Private
Minuteman
Dec 11, 2005
Houston, TX
Hey guys......it has been a long time since I have posted (hence the name) but I have always appreciated the community here. My last activity was post# 56151 on 2-1-2006 on the good guy list before a career change and life got busy (LE career ended by duty related injury).

So before I ask my question(s)......... Hello again!!

Now that the formalities are out of the way....here goes:

I am looking for a Rock type stick for hunting and target shooting (500-600 yds max). I was, at one time, the proud owner of the GAP SH #7 and found it to be just a tack driver but not practical for humping around the brush.

Does anyone have a Rock that they use regularly for hunting (deer etc) with a 20" bbl? (pics are a bonus)

Anything you would do different?

What fill did you get in the HTG?

Any variations from the specs on GAP site?

Weight w/o glass?

Finally, 2 questions regarding GAP:

I read George's post on lead times where he says, "Crusaders, Hospitallers, Non-Typicals, somtimes in stock but normally a 3-6 week turnarround as we keep theese in cycle." He doesn't specify the Rock anywhere on the post. Any experience on where they are with these as of now?

and...

They list many 'options' for the Rock, any suggestions where I might cut weight for field use and not sacrifice too much (durability, accuracy etc)?

I know some of the GAP questions could be answered by those guys but I figured everyone here would rather them be working on your rifles than answering my questions.....
smile.gif