• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

READ THIS Stiller actions

skeetlee

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2008
Central Illinois
I just called stiller precision to order a predator single shot action for an f-class build. I have seen their advertisements on about every shooting forum advertised for 675. when i called the guy told me that that wasn't the price. I went ahead and bought the action but now i feel like i have been baited. No one pried the money out of my wallet, but i still feel a little loose in the rear end!! I hope these actions are first class. Has anyone else bought one of these actions lately? Lee

Re: READ THIS Stiller actions

thats silly. if the action is advertised at one price and you pay a different without stating what you have seen...whose mistake is it? I have a stiller tac 30 at GAP, seemed like a good action when I got it. Doubt you will need anything more than what you bought.

Can you link to and advertisement that shows them for that price. It's entirely possible there are some old AD banners floating around on various sites.

THESE ACTIONS ARE FIRST CLASS!

Edit: Shows for $825 on his site
HERE

could be!! The add is a banner on this site and i just saw it while logging in. No big deal really. I was just looking to see if anyone else has bought one of these actions lately. Lee

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skeetlee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">could be!! The add is a banner on this site and i just saw it while logging in. No big deal really. I was just looking to see if anyone else has bought one of these actions lately. Lee</div></div>

Be pretty hard since there are no Stiller Banner Ads I know about on this site... unless its a Google Adsense ad it doesn't exist I have no individual ads of that nature on here.

6mmBR.com has a banner ad for them, Predator $695 w/ Lug.

I assume all prices are subject to change.

stiller.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rijndael</div><div class="ubbcode-body">6mmBR.com has a banner ad for them, Predator $695 w/ Lug.</div></div>

Banner ads are tough because they get updated rarely.

Anyone ever get the Top Brass ads here on the hide? I've had the one on the left say $133 per 1k and the one in the forum say $144 per 1k for primed brass....you click on either of them and you go to their page where the brass is actually about $155 per 1k now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Banner ads are tough</div></div>

Every banner ad should say something like "prices are subject to change".

I've got a few actions on order from Jerry now for my custmers and I have a couple for myself as well. As far as I'm concerned, Jerry's actions are among the best, if not the best.

Combine his actions with a Mike Rock barrel and you have the start of one hell of a badass rifle.

Jerry's actions are worth every penny.

Mike

They sure look good!! I have read many, many article were folks are giving them very high remarks!! I am going to build a rifle to compete in F-class with. We do not have any tactical type of matches here in Illinois, so if i want to play i am going to have to play F-class. One thing i dont really understand is on his web site he doesnt recommend this action for f-class shooting. I cant think of any reason why it wouldn't work just dam fine!! I went with the single shot, so the action should be nice and ridged!! Probably more of a marketing thing. The actions they recommend for F-class look like tanks!! Anyway I am pretty excited to get this rifle done. I ordered a McMillan f-class stock yesterday, now all i need to do is figure out what barrel and caliber to go with., Lee

You will love it!

Here is my F-Class rifle, built on a repeater Stiller short action. She has a 6mmBR 1-8 tw and a .308win 1-12 tw, both Krieger on HV and MTU contour, respectively, for F/O and F/TR.
Stock is a Robertson GBF with rail on forend.

LR6mmbr1.jpg

And here is my last 10 shot group on a 300 meters (aprox. 330 yards) F-Class target (X of about 1,50 inches).

Alvo6BR-2FClassA19-04-09edited.jpg

A close up of the target...

Alvo6BR-2FClassA19-04-09Close.jpg