• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Real rain, just more warm piss or coming F/F?

I have 17,000 gallons of fresh water in my backyard. Although....piping that through the house would be a challenge.

I suppose the ultimate prepper move would be to have a shutoff, and bypass valves, along with pumps, installed to plumb my water storage through the house in times of crisis.

Reactions: MJF
I have 17,000 gallons of fresh water in my backyard. Although....piping that through the house would be a challenge.

I suppose the ultimate prepper move would be to have a shutoff, and bypass valves, along with pumps, installed to plumb my water storage through the house in times of crisis.
I keep1K gallons of potable at the ready 24/7 and only use 450-600 a month depending. I've plenty of time to get the filtration for other sources up an running. Pressurizing done via DC power & stored bladder tank. Hope I never need it, but hope is never a plan.

Reactions: MJF and W54/XM-388
I keep1K gallons of potable at the ready 24/7 and only use 450-600 a month depending. I've plenty of time to get the filtration for other sources up an running. Pressurizing done via DC power & stored bladder tank. Hope I never need it, but hope is never a plan.
We used 5600 gallons last month, lol.

I have a house full of women that like long showers, and i've had to replace water in the pool a few times due to evaporation, and it takes about 450 gallons to raise it an inch.

When we go camping though, we can make 40 gallons of water last quite a while amazingly. Our 6 week trip to Alaska with the camper was in 2019, but I didn't track water usage closely. We dumped our tanks and topped off the fresh water once a week, and never really ran out of water except for the time our fresh tank empty plug got broken off and we lose all our fresh water 60 miles outside of whitehorse. Found a hardware store in whitehorse and fabricated a fix and continued on with our trip. The fix leaked slowly, but I estimated 4 or 5 gallons a day. Showers were always short, and only a couple gallons. When we knew we were dumping the next day my oldest daughter would wash her hair (which used several gallons by itself). Even then we never came really close to running out.

I know none of that is really on topic, I just love talking about our Alaska Trip. :)

Reactions: taliv and UKDslayer
I live in Arizona I'm already fucked for water.

Also can't sell for at least 3-4 more months at which time the economy will probably tank and my well goes dry.

Every retired geezer I run into thinks this place is the promised land full of costco hotdogs and new balance shoes aplenty, go figure.

Reactions: 232593

Also can't sell for at least 3-4 more months at which time the economy will probably tank and my well goes dry.

Every retired geezer I run into thinks this place is the promised land full of costco hotdogs and new balance shoes aplenty, go figure.
Where are you? Prescott?

The well on my land in New River sits at the head of the aquifer that flows down off the rim and feeds the whole valley and state land is less than a mile north of me so very few wells upstream.

Reactions: Jgunner