Recce-inspired barrel suggestions

Son of Dorn

Castellan
Minuteman
Jul 27, 2019
Howdy y'all.

I've got this idea rattling around my head for a SEAL Recce-inspired rifle that has a little bit of extra Mk 12 to it and I need some help with figuring out the barrel/handguard. I wanna go with:
  • 6.8 SPC II
  • 16"
  • Matte stainless
  • Ops Inc (more or less) profile
  • Surefire Warcomp
  • PRI front sight/gas block
  • LaRue quad rail

For the 12" quad rail, the only way to do this is with a rifle-length gas. If I go with a low-profile block, I can do a middy but lose the Mk 12-y front sight. On the other hand, I could switch to a different handguard and gas block combo and figure something out there. I'd like to do the flip-up and quad, though.

Any suggestions?

S.o.D

Or
...nope, the Daniel Defense 16 inch S2W barrel I was going to suggest has been discontinued. So, yeah, buy the ARP barrel and call it good. @Constructor any other input?

Or
...nope, the Daniel Defense 16 inch S2W barrel I was going to suggest has been discontinued. So, yeah, buy the ARP barrel and call it good. @Constructor any other input?
So that one's fine for a middy and low profile gas block. I'm looking for an option for the PRI sight block and rifle gas too. I suppose McGowen could help.

Last edited:
Look in the for sale ads on the 6.8 forum. Someone may be letting one of the older 18”ARP SPR profile barrels go. Open the port and chop it to 16”.

You may have to go custom to get exactly what you want.

No personal experience with them, but XCaliber does custom AR barrels. Options for barrel and gas system lengths. Prices seem reasonable.

Reactions: Jughead
No personal experience with them, but XCaliber does custom AR barrels. Options for barrel and gas system lengths. Prices seem reasonable.
Prices do seem reasonable, everything I need is in the drop-down options. Would need to check with them about the gas block to make sure it's all good.

I'll see what I can find about them online, thanks.