Recommend me a Suppressor for V Seven Creed

chadwickz71

Private
Minuteman
Supporter
Jan 9, 2022
ennis,tx
Wanting you guys to check my math here on what i want and get some other recommendations if im not already on the right track.

I just sold a Dasher target rifle i don't shoot much anymore and have been wanting to up my quality of hog hunting rifles i have for myself and family that go with me. We hunt thermal suppressed at night and have 2 308s. One DD and one Larue, both heavy. I want to try a 6.5 creed in the V Seven rifle, if they are half as good as ive read than I should be happy as our biggest complaint is weight once you get a suppressor and thermal hooked on to these guns.

I want to stick with a standard caliber so opting for the V Seven Creed in 18" barrel. The Creed will be plenty for hogs and will be a little less recoil than a 308 being that this gun is 6.25 lbs complete.

I have a Omega 30 at 14oz and a 36M and want to cut weight and length to compliment this already light rifle. I don't know if the 36M in the short config would be an option as i believe thats more for pistols.

SO... read a lot of good about the TBAC Ultra 5 but also that it was still fairly loud for not wearing plugs...vs a ultra 7. Is the 5 not enough can for the Creedmoor realistically... The 5 vs 7 are both around 8oz which is great compared to my Omegas.

The ultra 7 might be my best bet.

What would you guys go with on keeping first and foremost Weight down and then secondary length. And still be a sound suppression acceptable compared to what i already have with the omegas? Sidenote: im very happy with the omega, just want to conserve Weight if i can with something else.

Right now I have a TBAC DOMINUS SR that I bought during my PRS days a few years ago. I have since decided to focus completely on gas guns so I'll be selling all my PRS and 6 Dasher gear and my AI and other bolt guns.

Anyway, I just bought a B&T SRBS. It was between that and the Surefire RC3. I thought if I didn't like the SRBS then I'd just put it on a high volume beater and try the surefire next.

Check this thread out.

The Magnus cans are really quiet.

Ultra 5 on a 20” Grendel was shockingly-quiet for me right next to it at the range down at Steel Safari, but the Magnus didn’t exist yet.

I have an Ultra 5 on my 12” Grendel, but if the Magnus had existed then, I would have gone Magnus-K CB.

If you like lots of gas to the face, stick with a standard baffle can. Otherwise look at something that's low back pressure for a gas gun. It'll run far, far better, have less recoil and just cleaner all the way around. I don't think the V-Seven comes with an adjustable gas block either. I use more than a few of their components.

If you go to TBAC's own silencer summit, there's lots of data there for you to dig through. Pay attention to ML dBA (muzzle) and SE dBA (shooter's ear). Out of the top 10, only one is a lower back pressure can, the Radical Defense LS3. It's a few ounces lighter than your current cans when had in titanium. https://thunderbeastarms.com/sound/summit2023/

Although I have an LS3, I'm still partial to the Huxwrx Flow 762Ti. Just a great all-around can that has zero effect on the host weapon. It's light, fairly compact and just works. I know ultimately the Radical Defense is quieter but with ear pro, you can't tell the difference.

Reactions: Black Bart
What would you guys go with on keeping first and foremost Weight down and then secondary length. And still be a sound suppression acceptable compared to what i already have with the omegas? Sidenote: im very happy with the omega, just want to conserve Weight if i can with something else.

I prefer higher flow rate suppressors on semi auto and especially on AR10 pattern. Ultra 7 or Magnus will be high backpressure/more restrictive. Imo they are excellent bolt action silencers, not necessarily the best choice for semi auto.

CAT ODB Ti or Alleycat 762 Ti

https://www.silencershop.com/cat-suppressors-odb-titanium.html

https://pomg.com/product/cat-alleycat-762-titanium

FOR Systems Monarch Ti
https://frontofriflesystems.com/product/monarch-7-62-ti/

HUXWRX Flow762 Ti

https://www.silencershop.com/oss-suppressors-huxwrx-flow-762-ti.html#93=13

What about the Scythe-Ti by silencerco. They are not full auto rated but I’ll never be in that category anyways.

Not a lot of reviews out there yet but one decent one I read had it compared to the weight of an ultra 5 but the suppression of a U7 which sounds great

Wanting you guys to check my math here on what i want and get some other recommendations if im not already on the right track.

I just sold a Dasher target rifle i don't shoot much anymore and have been wanting to up my quality of hog hunting rifles i have for myself and family that go with me. We hunt thermal suppressed at night and have 2 308s. One DD and one Larue, both heavy. I want to try a 6.5 creed in the V Seven rifle, if they are half as good as ive read than I should be happy as our biggest complaint is weight once you get a suppressor and thermal hooked on to these guns.

I want to stick with a standard caliber so opting for the V Seven Creed in 18" barrel. The Creed will be plenty for hogs and will be a little less recoil than a 308 being that this gun is 6.25 lbs complete.

I have a Omega 30 at 14oz and a 36M and want to cut weight and length to compliment this already light rifle. I don't know if the 36M in the short config would be an option as i believe thats more for pistols.

SO... read a lot of good about the TBAC Ultra 5 but also that it was still fairly loud for not wearing plugs...vs a ultra 7. Is the 5 not enough can for the Creedmoor realistically... The 5 vs 7 are both around 8oz which is great compared to my Omegas.

Hey @chadwickz71

Im in the same boat as you. Ive been building and testing precision Gassers for many years now and I've always looked at Suppressors as a solution looking for a problem, and I can't deny the Inner Asshole in me kinda enjoys watching the people to the left and right of me on a Firing Line flee to avoid my muzzle blast.

That said a couple of my local FFL's have some pretty decent selections and prices on suppressors right now, one of which is the Huxwrx Ventum 762 so I am also curious as to opinions on the Ventum Vs the Flow? Is it worth the few extra bucks to go with the Flow?

Reactions: jh2785
Just bought the Ventum so I guess we'll see.
Man I just got the Ventum 762 as my first suppressor, and shot suppressed (on my 556) for the first time with it….and I gotta say, I get it now. I love shooting suppressed. It’s absolutely marvelous. Looking forward to shooting it on the 6.5 CM and 6mm ARC

Attachments

• IMG_1616.jpeg
    IMG_1616.jpeg
    472.4 KB · Views: 29
Reactions: bigjake83

I’ve been very impressed with my DDC Enticer S TI. High back pressure, though, but sounds great.

I think im going to try the Scythe-Ti by silencerco, its new on the market but all the reviews i find its getting are positive. Its a little bigger than the Ultra 5 and just a tad heavier than the U5 but has the sound of the ultra 7 is what most are saying which to me would be great. They are in stock locally too so thats a plus.

I have a VSeven 16” .308 upper and a 20” 6.5 Creedmoor upper. Creedmoor ships with a heavier mass BCG which in those configurations adds a pound, maybe a little more. If you really want to go light I’d recommend sticking with the .308.

I added an Odin Gun Works adjustable gas block and run it a 3 or 4 clicks +1 from closed with a TB Dominus and NVIsion Halo. It’s pretty smooth.

For high volume shooting with 3-4 total guys I’d always wear ear protection. My ears are still ringing from my first hog hunt.

Hope that helps. I haven’t run my 6.5 Creedmoor on hogs.

If I had a 762 Huxwrx Ti I’d switch back to VSeven’s standard GB and run it.

I'd like to try the Creed as my daughter will be using this gun herself in the day time for deer hunting with me in a blind. Shes 9 and been hunting several years with a 243 class gun. I don't want to throw a 308 recoil at her honestly....

I talked to Joel the tech man at V7. He said if i go the full mass BCG that would be more or less just insurance as he feels that as long as i tune the gas block properly AND don't be changing up to different ammo everytime i go out then i'd be fine leaving the gun as stock with the lightest weight config that it comes in.

Picked up the HuxWrx Ventum 762 last week, and to say the least I'm impressed with its versatility and easy at home serviceability, .556 - 6.5CM it performed flawlessly.

IMO there's is still a fair amount of blowback, that resulted in some Case Head swipes and 2 O'clock ejection pattern, So I left the AGB alone and just bumped up the Buffer Weight to the next highest weight from its current congratulation with excellent results.

There is absolutely no horizontal dispersion, just dropped .6 -.8 Mils pending on caliber.

I had initial concerns of my groups opening up due to changing the Barrel Harmonics and the Keymo QD Attachments, but everything stayed tight.

I used last year's Gas Gun PRS Rifle as my testing platform, next outing will be with my 18" RLG 6.5CM Bartlein OBR.

Home Build SP10 with 22" Bartlein, Rifle Length +2 , Lantac Full Mass forward Venting BCG, and JP H3 SCS.
20240901_142831.jpg
20240901_142852.jpg
20240901_143154.jpg