Recommend me an optic....

TurdFerguson

thinking sucks
Minuteman
Supporter
Jul 18, 2014
Burgerworld
Looking for an optic to replace a Nightforce 3.5-14 SHV. Mostly will be used to hunting in fresh clear cuts (lots of open shots with lots of shit to trip on.) and occasional target shooting so want it to be durable. Trying to keep price around 1600, power low end max of 3.5 max high end of 15. Tying to keep the bell diameter below 50mm. Wanting Mills, no moa.... Will be going on an m24 clone so maybe a mark 4HD or an NXS but not sure yet.

448923361_1158964121889870_6439163210897942548_n.jpg

If the reticle isn't an issue for you, then I'd just scoop up a kahles 624 on here used. They are about the best scope you can get for the money. I just bought one off of a guy on here for $1500. I'm actually probably going to unload it because I also just bought a 525 DLR but man it's impossible to beat that value for the 624 level of scope and they track perfect. The used vortex AMG is another really good value and good glass for the money.

Reactions: kthomas and simonp
Cool. Your first post, however, kinda reads like the following. “Hey guys, I have a girlfriend, but I’m looking for a new one and want some recommendations. I’m looking for a human,… female,… English speaker,… who lives within 100 miles of me.”

I don’t have any recommendations- for either- but now that you’ve added some differentiators, those that do can chime in. I know that @clcustom1911 recommends finding a Polish girl…

• Haha
Reactions: clcustom1911
Element Titan 3-18x50 FFP - APR-2D MRAD
  • 34mm Main Body Tube
  • Illuminated, First Focal Plane Reticle
  • Aircraft Grade Aluminium
  • Side Parallax: 10yds-Infinity
  • ED Glass for reduced chromatic aberration and improved sharpness
  • Tool-Free Resettable Turrets with 10 MRAD / 25 MOA per Revolution
  • Upgraded Stainless Steel Turret Mechanism
  • Hard Mechanical Zero-Stop
  • Removable Magnification Throw Lever
  • Waterproof, Fogproof, Shockproof & Nitrogen Purged
  • Sunshade, Lens Cloth & Rubber Lens Covers included
  • 150 MOA (43.6 MRAD) Elevation Travel

I can't recommend it because I've never used it but I recently came across, and am considering, a Maven RS1.2 2.5-15x44. Might be worth a look.