Night Vision Recommendations on Bump Helmets

I currently wear a team Wendy. However, I had to add an Oregon aero zeta liner to make it comfortable once I add all the weight of NVGs or thermal

Just a thought. If the helmet is just being used to carry NV equipment in a non hostile, non duty, just hunting and walking around kind of setting, there are some pretty realistic copies of expensive helmets that are quite functional, especially with 4d Pads. One of the few places you can save money in the NV/ Thermal world.

Just a thought. If the helmet is just being used to carry NV equipment in a non hostile, non duty, just hunting and walking around kind of setting, there are some pretty realistic copies of expensive helmets that are quite functional, especially with 4d Pads. One of the few places you can save money in the NV/ Thermal world.
This^^^
Buy a cheap helmet and add a good liner and save some money. The cheap bump helmets off of amazon (with a good adjustment system) and an Oregon aero zeta liner will work just as well as a team Wendy.

i tried going cheap for a pvs14 helmet. Bought a air soft $45 from Amazon and it didn't fit my gord, I didnt have time to return it. Then I bought a better one, "higher price anyway"for $75 and it fit, but rubbed my skull and hurt my head.
I finally spent $299 for a Wendy and it's very comfortable and easy to adjust. I lost $120 plus shipping to save some cash.

Reactions: Hollywood 6mm
Yes, I think that anyone who buys an airsoft helmet needs to immediately install the same pads that real helmets have. I like the Zero G by 4d Tactical. Of course that adds $100 to your $40 airsoft helmet, but still cheaper than a real helmet and will have the same fit. Of course assuming a person doesn't need a real helmet.

Yes, I think that anyone who buys an airsoft helmet needs to immediately install the same pads that real helmets have. I like the Zero G by 4d Tactical. Of course that adds $100 to your $40 airsoft helmet, but still cheaper than a real helmet and will have the same fit. Of course assuming a person doesn't need a real helmet.
Exactly.
The 'Amazon specials' are just as comfortable as my team Wendy or protec's when I put my good liner in them.

Another vote for TW. I wasn't willing to trust a few grand in NV to the molded in plastic shroud on an OpsCore poly helmet, where the TW came with an aluminum Wilcox shroud - and I didn't need a carbon helmet. If you want/need carbon, then OpsCore comes with a real shroud. I've been really happy with my LTP helmet - it's comfortable with a PVS-14, a pouch on the back carrying spare AAs and 123s, plus a Princetontec Switch helmet light. I do wish the TW rails were a little better supported like the OpsCore rails, but that's my only complaint.

It will see some training use and hunting. Id prefer to not cheap out and then deal with the liner....so buy once cry once?
When I first starting buying helmets for night hunting I bought cheap Amazon helmets; they weren't comfortable. After buying two or three of those I went to team Wendy thinking it would fit the bill, in my opinion, it wasn't much more comfortable than the cheap helmets. For me personally I had to add the zeta liner from my flight helmet to the team Wendy to make it suitable for use with all the weight of NODS or Thermal mounted on it. The team Wendy with factory pads wasn't that great