• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site Updates Coming Soon - We're Updating The Homepage!

We've got some exciting changes coming, check the thread below for more info!

VIEW THREAD

Recs on mag holder for safe???

BuildingConceptsllc

Don't Start None, won't be none.
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Nov 13, 2020
    Alabama
    Does anyone have or know of a mag holder that isn't too big that I could install inside my safe? I would Ideally like to be able to hold ar mags and box mags with it but it would need to be fairly slender to work. I have too many mags all over my safe and I'm tired of them falling and being all over the place.

TIA

magazine well makes a good storage location.
    I'm looking for something to attach on the side wall inside my safe. I have a large safe so I thought I could find one that would fit on the side in front of the shelves. May have to make one though

Only racks I've seen don't stack the magazines flat, they stick out. Figured you could hang some of the fabric ones inside using sewn on velcro or magnets.

Here's a few more types.

There are these type that slide in-between your rifles by hanging from a shelf

You could always fab some custom stuff to glue and screw to your safe interior. Thin plywood or use a brake to bend some thin metal or maybe even find some pre-made something that fits a few mags (like for a refrigerator or something).

You could always fab some custom stuff to glue and screw to your safe interior. Thin plywood or use a brake to bend some thin metal or maybe even find some pre-made something that fits a few mags (like for a refrigerator or something).

That's a good idea. Could even buy some kydex sheets and form them into a shelf that grips them tight.

I have these on the outside of my safe. With the magnets they don’t move. Not sure if that’s what you are looking for? They have pistol also
    This will work I think! Thanks! I'd rather have em inside so they don't get dusty and so my little kids can't access them. They couldn't do much with just mags but I'd rather have em all inside the safe. One of these type racks will fit inside the safe between the shelves or on the side.

Only racks I've seen don't stack the magazines flat, they stick out. Figured you could hang some of the fabric ones inside using sewn on velcro or magnets.

Here's a few more types.

There are these type that slide in-between your rifles by hanging from a shelf

This may also work. One of em will. Need to find out the size on this one. Thanks!

That's a good idea. Could even buy some kydex sheets and form them into a shelf that grips them tight.
    I could make something. I have a good woodworking shop and I make a lot of furniture and stuff but I'm so busy and will be for quite a while with my actual business that I just need to buy something that I can install and have this little issue resolved. I don't know why I couldn't find these 2 racks that were posted, I have looked around online a few times and couldn't ever find one that would even be close to fitting.

This is a 5 minute tops job for a wood guy. Maybe 10 more to glue the carpet on.
    Mag Rack.jpg

This is a 5 minute tops job for a wood guy. Maybe 10 more to glue the carpet on.
    View attachment 7601440
    yeah but my safe doesn't have carpet lining in it. It's a good idea to tuck on the side though. I have some cedar I could make it out of. Might have to think about it, I just don't have time.

Attachments

• IMG_20210410_0824463.jpg
      IMG_20210410_0824463.jpg
      478.1 KB · Views: 71
    This method of mag storage will probably not to meet your criteria but I keep mine in these soft cases. They are nicely stacked next to my safe, which is secured in a locked closet.

In the safe I keep a loaded mag in each weapon and extra loaded mags on a designated shelf.

Last edited:
    Depending on how many you've got, it might be easier to get one of the sheet metal security cabinets. I'm thinking about grabbing one for bulk ammo and mags and that kind of thing. Like $180 for a stack-on at wally world. Plenty of security to keep the kiddos out.

Depending on how many you've got, it might be easier to get one of the sheet metal security cabinets. I'm thinking about grabbing one for bulk ammo and mags and that kind of thing. Like $180 for a stack-on at wally world. Plenty of security to keep the kiddos out.
    Yeah I've got 2 of em under the stairs. That's what I keep all my ammo in