• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Red dot question

Mini dot. I put it on the pictinny portion of the rail to test it and see if I liked a red dot on that particular rifle. I have the hanibal rail that has places to attach red dots like the fastfire directly. This one is a rite on I had lying around.

If I take it off the pictinny base and attach directly it will sit lower but no point in going through the Hassel if it will not work

First off, Riton red dots are absolute junk. Don't expect good results with them, and if you get it to work it probably won't last very long.
It's very likely the adjustments aren't moving as you'd expect, and may not have a very big range of adjustment.

Second, changing the vertical height of the optic would only change your POI by the amount you moved it; not much point in doing that. What you need is to change the angle of the optic. Likely it's the rail you're mounting to that is at the wrong angle; it may need to be re-installed by a professional to get things lined up correctly.

The other possibility is that you're adjusting the red dot in the wrong direction. Did you try adjusting the other way?