Redding Die Sets

Killer Spade 13

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 28, 2011
Roswell, Ga.
Morning, Gentlemen:

Do any of you have any experience with, or opinion of the Redding competition rifle die sets?

I'm launching my adventure into reloading this upcoming summer and want to get an early start on putting my wish list together.

Thanks.

Re: Redding Die Sets

I have had very good results with Redding Comp dies as well, for 308 Winchester and 338 Lapua Mag. Highly recommend. I agree the S bushing concept works as well as it practically could.

I use them on a T-7 press.

Thanks much for the responses, guys.

So, which would be considered the better of the two, the "S" type or competition set?

By the way, I've requested Lowlight to move this thread to the "Reloading" forum.

Sorry for the incorrect placement.

The S dies use bushings, which you can change for fine adjustments. The competition dies have a bullet seater that you can adjust with micrometer.

Look at forester dies too, as they are excellent quality for cheaper. I've check their concentricity vs Redding and they are the same.

I use Redding Competition Type S dies for all my reloading, .22-250 AI, .243 AI, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x47 Lapua, .308 Win, and .300 Win Mag. The neck bushing allows you to maintain the same neck tension with different types of brass. They are manufactured in the USA using USA steel. Edit to add: Gunstop Reloading carries all the Redding dies and John Walton is always ready to help if you have a question. http://www.gunstop.com/

The copmpetition dies work great. They are a little more $$ but they will last forever and are well worth the investment. The micrometer is quick and precise.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Killer Spade 13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Morning, Gentlemen:

Do any of you have any experience with, or opinion of the Redding competition rifle die sets?

I'm launching my adventure into reloading this upcoming summer and want to get an early start on putting my wish list together.

Thanks. </div></div>

I bought a rifle, die set combo in .338 lapua.Had never used redding dies before.
Also got no info with the die set. contacted redding and in a week or so had paper
copys for all my stuff. the machine work on the dies is better than the others
I have been using . and will be buying a set for my .300 win mag soon.

I have a dozen or so Redding comp die sets.
Yes, they are good.
Are they better than than Forster?
Fooked if I can tell the difference in loaded ammo?
smile.gif

Redding does have a few nicer features, but for the money difference I dunno. Probably give the nod to Forster for the money.