• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rem 700 Barrel help

MeanAndUnseen

Private
Minuteman
Apr 7, 2010
OK, USA
Hey everyone, I was hoping someone could help me out.
I would like to know who manufactures this barrel on this Rem 700
DesktopBackground.jpg

If anyone could name it, or even direct me to something very similar that would be awesome.

thanks for takin a look.
Cheers

Re: Rem 700 Barrel help

Looks like a barrel with very little taper to it... Email/call a barrel company and tell them you want a straight taper. With whatever crown you want. Hope that helps

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Northland</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like a barrel with very little taper to it... Email/call a barrel company and tell them you want a straight taper. With whatever crown you want. Hope that helps </div></div>

+1 to that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Badshot308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Photograph the markings on the side of the barrel and post them. </div></div>

I think he found this picture off Google and likes the way it looks and wants a barrel made off of that barrel.

That would be one heavy rifle...

The barrel looks to have no taper, meaning that from where the barrel meets the lug/action through to the muzzle, there is no change in diameter, or very little.

Im not an expert on this matter, but i would say there would be a few manufacturers out there that make barrels such as this

I did find this picture on another website, so I am unable to get better pictures.
From the looks of it I would agree, it has almost no taper.

I will be looking into Palma, thanks WD.
Anyone else have any ideas who makes this barrel, possibly fluted?

Weight is not a factor for me, less recoil etc.
I'll be stationary most of the time anyway.

Thanks