• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Remington 41P Targetmaster added photos

Strangedays

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Feb 27, 2009
    Tacoma Washington
    I recently acquired this gun from my father-in-laws garage and finished getting the surface rust off.
    I was trying to figure out if I should go ahead and duracoat the barrel or try to keep it as original as possible? Do any of you own these? How accurate are they and any other information on this model please let me know. Thanks ahead of time!
    Here are the pics!
    5eeer8.jpg

2cwwxdx.jpg

xfdp38.jpg

1p72ic.jpg

289c2dk.jpg

Re: Remington 41P Targetmaster

I have one. It's a nice little rifle, I got it for a really good price and couldn't pass it up. Mine should be around a 1934 DOM but without a serial number it's a little difficult.

I wouldn't coat it at all. The rifle has a classic look to it, with nice wood and good finish. Mine also has about 75% of the original deep hot blue finish.

I'm about 800 miles away from it now or I'd try to toss a picture your way.

I keep mine with open sights on it, but using bulk Rem ammo and a front/rear bag with irons at 100y I managed to shoot several 10 shot groups under 2.2"

It's a great rifle to carry around the woods for squirrel or other small game.

This gun when I first got it was covered in red rust and did not fuction. I oiled the piss out of it and took everything apart.
    I just finished the stock and reblued the barrel but I did decide to keep it to its orignal form. This one has the serial number on it, located right under the barrel where it meets the end of the stock. Shot it today and all the groups were under 1" at fifty yards so I am going to shoot it a little more when I have more time to test the 100 yard line. I will get a picture on here soon.

Finished the stock and got the rifle out to see what kind of groups it would do and well it shoots right around an inch and a half at 100 yards so not to bad with peep sights. At least it won't end up a pile of rust never to be used!