• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Remington 513T

diGGer

Private
Minuteman
Jan 23, 2008
NY
Couldn't help myself. Just sold a few rifles to thin out the herd. Saw a beautiful Remmy with a Unertel scope. I just fell in love all over again. Can't wait to take it for a spin. It is PERFECT! I have visions of one big hole at 50 yds. Anyone have experience with this rig? I was going to buy the CMP Kimber but I saw this and .. well... can't justify the kimber just yet......sigh

Re: Remington 513T

you bought the better of the two IMHO. I have three 513T's all will shoot a ragged hole at 50yrds. That was with open sights before my cataracts got larger. Two of them are drilled and tapped on the barrel for the target scopes. I have shot one that way and it grouped a bit tighter. They are not as good as the 40X, XB, Win 52 C&D or Anschutz Match 54 but darn close.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rcnpthfndr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BTW i have PDF files of the old army maintenance manual and FM on the 22 civilian trainer rifles if you want them.</div></div>

I would be interested in those...

I shoot sub moa 3 shot groups at 100yds with redfield sights. Groups get larger to about 1.5 to 1.8 10 shot groups. The 513T is a great shooter just needs better eyes, younger and sharper than my old eyes.

which unertl did your come with? Mine has a 12x, BTW i have PDF files of the old army maintenance manual and FM on the 22 civillian trainer rifles if you want them.

I would most certainly be interested in those. I would like to get a Unertl manual to make sure I don't mess the scope up. Does Model 4 make sense? There is a "4" on the threaded ring at the rear of the tube. The legend"J.Unertl" is stamped into the tube itself over a number(serial number?) 577

While not a 513 but I recently picked up a damn near mint 541T HB . Remington has made some damn fine rimfires over the years. I mounted up a Leupold 4-12AO and it's incredible with Wolf MT.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: B. Melick</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rcnpthfndr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BTW i have PDF files of the old army maintenance manual and FM on the 22 civilian trainer rifles if you want them.</div></div>

I would be interested in those... </div></div>

pm sent for this info.