• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Gunsmithing Remington 700 6mm Barrel Choice??

combatkustoms

Private
Minuteman
Apr 16, 2012
Jacksboro Tx
i have an old remington 700 BDL that has seen better days and i would like to build a nice bench gun but i have no earthly idea what type of aftermarket barrel i should go with im looking for some suggestions on what barrel length rate of twist etc i should go with i have been looking at kriegers but there are so many options to choose from and i dont know which one would be best suited to my shooting style

Basically i just want a nice bench gun not something i will going hunting with i am also open to input on what trigger i should use stocks etc also i have heard this is a great accuracy caliber is this true does anyone have any experience with them obviously if you are still reading you are realizing that i am new to this type of stuff i have been shooting my entire life but mostly bone stock deer rifles nothing fancy

Re: Remington 700 6mm Barrel Choice??

Hi,

At the shooting club I am a member of, most people use 6mmBR if they do not have a .308, this is for shooting from 300 - 1000 yds.

They generally have a 30 inch Bartlein, Kreiger or Hart barrel.

They are very accurate and a low recoil round.

The guy that wins usually every week has a .308, cataracts and is 92 years old.

The stocks are generally McMillan BR type stocks with an Anschutz rail for installation of a wider bit of metal for stability on the fore end in a rest.

The guys also mostly have Timmney or Jewell triggers.

I hope this helps a little bit.

Regards

Re: Remington 700 6mm Barrel Choice??

DSC00318.jpg

DSC00317.jpg

DSC00315.jpg

6DASHER.jpg

100_1676.jpg

40X Action Kreiger 26 inch straight contour 1-8 twist Jewell Trigger McMillan MBR stock. I switched stocks when I wanted to Shoot Prairie Dogs.