• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Remington 700 switch barrel

Wink

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 8, 2012
Texas
nA buddy has done two and now i want to do a 4 barrel set on a remington 700 short action. ( .223 ai, 204 ruger, 300 black out, and 6.5 tcu) I want to see if anyone has done this on here with a 700 action and if so what advice would you give me. It will go in to a rock solid stock and prob get a UO 3.2 x17x44 scope. i am wanting this to shoot out to 600 so not out of the relm of any of these.

I'm shure it could be done no problem may be have a set screw through the bottom of receiver and a divit in the barrel so when u screw in barrel set screw screws in divit that would make shure that when the barrels are changed they are the same every time u put it on (proper head space). That's just my 2 pennies.

I would highly recommend looking into the CBI Criterion Remage Barrel option from Jim at Northland Shooter Supply. They use a barrel nut like a Savage and removing and reinstalling a barrel takes less than 10 minutes. I just finished my first build last Sunday and I am very happy with the end result.

Criterion Barrels, Inc.