• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Remington 700 XCR Compact Tactical .308 Win

Firehouse

Private
Minuteman
Jun 30, 2012
Alabama
I purchased one of these about a year or so ago and I really love it. The 20" fluted barrel is plenty long enough for me. Anyone else have any experience with this model? I have a Springfield Armory Gen III Government Model optic mounted on top. This is my favorite set up.

Untitled.jpg

Re: Remington 700 XCR Compact Tactical .308 Win

Yep. I got one. Pretty good shooter. I've got a Luppy Mk1V sitting on my, with M2 knobs. Nice little set up. Great trigger, too.

I have the 20" LTR which is very similar. Mine is mounted in a B&C "varmit" stock, with an SWFA 5-20 on it. I'm still pretty new to all of this, and I think the rifle still shoots better than I do.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Firehouse</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I purchased one of these about a year or so ago and I really love it. The 20" fluted barrel is plenty long enough for me. Anyone else have any experience with this model? I have a Springfield Armory Gen III Government Model optic mounted on top. This is my favorite set up.

Untitled.jpg
</div></div>
Here's mine 20" compact tactical, just dropped in a XLR chassis,barrel threaded by Kieth at Phx customs FTE brake installed, Atlas MOno and Bipod topped with a NF scope and mount
100_4435.jpg

100_4429.jpg

100_4442.jpg

100_4441.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dormandefense</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice stick there LOW619!

What difference are you guys seeing between the 20" and the 26" barrels on this setup? </div></div>
Thank you sir,
I dont have a 26" to compare it to but im curious too, I think the 20" is great all around package