• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Gunsmithing Remington 750 Trigger Question

Rhyno430

Private
Minuteman
May 15, 2011
Nebraska
Ok, well here's the deal, I have this Remington 750. Great gun, never let me down.

Trigger is horrible, A ton of creep and really heavy.

Now Timney sells a fix for the 870, Comes with a new sear, and a couple of springs. They also say it works for the 7600 Which is the pump version of my gun. They say nothing of the Auto loader rifles, but also say the auto loader shotguns (again same trigger group) work as well.

I have a 870 as well, so i took out the trigger group on both and the sear, and springs were identical.

Does anyone see a problem with getting this and trying it on my 750?

I've seen a gunsmith add after searching around for a bit that says that's what he does, i cannot find it again, i wish i could so that could shoot him an e-mail and ask to be sure.

Or second part is there anyone that knows where i can have the trigger worked on?

Thanks in advance

~Rhyno~

Re: Remington 750 Trigger Question

Well I found a gunsmith on Gunbroker that does work on these triggers.

He explained to me that because of the improvements made in the 750's gas system vs the older 7400's and such the action travels a lot faster and if the sear is set to under 3 lbs than it to fast for the sear to set, and that is why Timney doesn't list the rifle as compatible with it.

His service is also cheaper and suppose to eliminate most of the creep and over travel. Think i will give it a shot after the holidays.

Thanks all.

~Rhyno~