• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Remington PSS Tactical Stock Recommendations

lentuk

Private
Minuteman
Apr 21, 2007
United States
I just bought a Remington SPS Tactical .308 20 inch barrel, I do not like the Hogue stock, I have read the new Bell&Carlson's are nice.
I like light and simple, what do you recommend?

Re: Remington PSS Tactical Stock Recommendations

Check out my post one above yours ( http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2039032#Post2039032 ). Just picked up that B&C A3 stock used on ebay for $160. I just got it put together today so I haven't had the chance to shoot it, but I have heard nothing but good about B&C. It looks great. I was not sure about the tan and black web, but it looks awesome. Good tight fit on the receiver and plenty of room around the barrel.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Kirk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You could pick up a HS Precision stock for around $225-250 used, they pop up around here quite often. Great drop in solution, good stock as well.

Kirk R </div></div>

I really like the HS Precision stocks myself. As for the B&C, I didn't like the one I had. My vote would be find a HSP take off, or step up and order a Manners, if your budget allows.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Kirk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You could pick up a HS Precision stock for around $225-250 used, they pop up around here quite often. Great drop in solution, good stock as well.

Kirk R </div></div>

I really like the HS Precision stocks myself. As for the B&C, I didn't like the one I had. My vote would be find a HSP take off, or step up and order a Manners, if your budget allows. </div></div>
The HS stocks are pretty good. I like the one I have.
Yesterday I nutted up and ordered a Manner's with their mini chassis. Now I get to wait 12 to 13 weeks!
cry.gif

A manners T2A is what I want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really you need to try a few before you'll find one you like.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cj1026</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Still need to bed with their new mini chassis? </div></div>

Well, the stock needs to be inletted for the mini chassis and the mini chassis itself is bedded into the stock. When installed, the chassis works similar to a v block, but if your receiver is not true.......back to square one

Kirk R

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Kirk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cj1026</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Still need to bed with their new mini chassis? </div></div>

Well, the stock needs to be inletted for the mini chassis and the mini chassis itself is bedded into the stock. When installed, the chassis works similar to a v block, but if your receiver is not true.......back to square one

Kirk R </div></div>

I ordered a Manners w/ the mini chassis. Action is off to the smith in a week.