• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Remington R25

valentine

Private
Minuteman
Aug 28, 2008
Germany
I want to get my first semi auto rifle. As I life in Germany I do not have as many options as there are in the US. This leads to my question. I want an semi auto in .308 win caliber. My options would be: Remington R25. Does anybody has any experience with this rifle? SWISS ARMS SG 751 SAPR and the HK MR 308
purpose of the rifle is range fun, mostly hunting rarely.
Budget: I want to get the most gun for my money. Considering this, the Remington is 900 € cheaper than the HK, for the Sig I have never seen a price tag

Re: Remington R25

Well, same situation here, but I had even no HK or SG options, so Im R25 owner... And if you dont care how ugly your rifle looks and satisfied with 1+MOA out of box you could get Remmy. With some love and extra cash you'll be able to customize and improve it significantly... There are lots of aftermarket parts for AR in .308 platform and not sure the same about SG or 416s. But both comes pretty well perfect out of box if its same old school german quality. I dont know if this myth was already busted..) Good luck, take your choice.

Reports on the R25 seem to be that they are nice shooters with a somewhat cheap Hydro-Dip finish on them. Several have reported under MOA with match ammo. If you are planning on customizing the rifle the one thing you have going for you is that its a DPMS pattern rifle. Midway International has several options that would work found here. Hope that helps!

I don't have one, but a good friend has one that shoots sub MOA, and has never had a malfunction.

If you don't care for Remington's PC camo dip covering the "nasty black rifle", its comes off with acetone.

Kevin

gallon of acetone and calm mood. some duracoat later. and some love.
5009208.jpg

I have a R25 chamber in 243. after playing with the ammo a bit it will in deed shoot .560 inch groups at 100 yards. I have even shot it out to 1000 yards. great shooting rifles. but the hydro dip plan out SUCKS having mine kerokoted.

Thank you everybody for your help. It seems that the Remington owners are very satisfied with their rifles. Thats nice to hear, because Remington makes normally a good rifle for a good price.
It would be very nice if anybody with experience with the HK and Sig could post some findings.
German quality: HK is no longer German. It was sold to a international investment group. This is a fact which is at lest in Germany not considered to be a good thing for the "German" quality standards. But SIG was also sold.
So I would be more than happy to any reports about SIG and HK semi autos of newer production origin.