• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Gunsmithing Remington Short Actions Available at Brownells

Re: Remington Short Actions Available at Brownells

Academy has complete SPS ADL's for $349 plus the $25 rebate. You can sell the barrel/stock for at least $25 so you can get into a 700 Receiver for less.

I love brownells, but you pay shipping then FFL fee's so your into the action for $400 plus. Not such a great deal when you really look into it and compare! Well unless you dont have academy's where your at

they dont charge an fee, if I have one shipped to my FFL then I have to pay him another $25 some people would have to pay more some less.

I wonder are they for a limited time only or is this just to get people moving quickly. Id be big into buying a few of these from time to time if they were available indefinitely.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poke</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Academy has complete SPS ADL's for $349 plus the $25 rebate. </div></div>

What rebate? When did it start? I just bought one last weekend, I wonder if I can find my reciept?

skog

Brownells is a Limited time only thing,

Go to Academy and look around on the counter for the rebate forms. I was at one in DFW on fri night and they had the forms. it looks like a magazine order form that would fall out of a magazine while your reading it.

Yeah the Acadamy deal is better and if you fall short on funds you still have a gun to shoot. But IMHO the best "deal" ever is still the Surgeon RSR action for 786.00 with your choice of bolt knob. That is for those who don't machine there own because after the action and the cost of blueprinting its the same. But as someone who is trying to get to where I can go to the Colorado school of trades Gunsmithing I think I should stock up on some Actions while I can.

Just stopped by my local acadamy. They had 2 700 youths for $285 each. That is by far the best deal I have seen in a real long time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just stopped by my local acadamy. They had 2 700 youths for $285 each. That is by far the best deal I have seen in a real long time. </div></div>

Wow!!! I need to go bye there today. Thats a steal

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just stopped by my local acadamy. They had 2 700 youths for $285 each. That is by far the best deal I have seen in a real long time. </div></div>

That is the route I took for my first build, back in '99. That's about what I paid for the 700 out the door back then as well!