• Fast is Fine, Accuracy is Final

New tee just dropped. Shop now!

Grab yours

Resizing 6mm creedmoor brass to 6.5 creedmoor?

sig2009

Minuteman
Feb 24, 2017
FL
That feeling you get when you spend all day accidently prepping and sizing 6mm creedmoor brass that was mixed in with your 6.5 creedmoor brass!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dog Licking Window Gif GIFs | Tenor

That feeling you get when you spend all day accidently prepping and sizing 6mm creedmoor brass that was mixed in with your 6.5 creedmoor brass!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The same feeling I got after priming and charging 100 rounds of 300 Win Mag, and figured out the bullet just slid around in the case neck when I tried to seat them.

1611855875825.png

I meant the culprit. I know lots of people who used one and started reloading their ammo just to find they did not squeeze the necks enough.
Nope ... I had removed the neck bushing from my FL sizing die with the intent of sizing it down 1/1000th ... and just never put the new bushing into the die ... so the necks were all "ignored" during sizing.

I thought you were talking about the RCBS Bullet Puller with caliber specific collets ... which I regularly use to un-f**k my mistakes.

No. I was prepping 6.5. Only 50. But after I was done and was checking things I noticed that half of them were 6mm. I feel like a rookie after reloading for 20 years!!!!!!!!!!!