• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes Review: Falke 1-8x26 pro

SoulSkinner

Private
Minuteman
May 4, 2018
Hi,
I thought I share my opinion about that particular scope with you.
After waiting round about 4 month to get it, I wanted to use it on my SIG716.
But I won't and here you will see why. (As I said, just my thoughts about that scope, feel free to disagree).

Let's start with some technical data:
# magnification: 1-8 FFP
# objective lens diameter: 26mm (~1.023")
# tube diameter: 34mm (~1.339")
# illumination: 8 steps
# mrad adjustment (0.1mrad / click)
# weight: 682g
# length: 250mm (~9.84")
# ...google it if you need more :)

Pro:
+ price is okay for what you get (in means of overall quality) (670€)
+ good worksmanship
+ includes kill flash, a knob for easier and faster magnification adjustment
+ lenses are quiet good
+ adjustment knobs work well and crisp
+ zero stop

Con:
- The reticle:
In theory this should be awesome, it is their brand new "SAS" reticle ("speed aiming solution").
The idea is not new, but in 1x you should have a red dot for close range and in 8x you have a nice reticle for e.g. mid range shooting.
But if you have a look a my pictures you can see that neither the red dot is bright enough to function properly, nor can you use it in 8x magnification correctly. The dots for 100m, 200m and 300m are way to small. At daylight the ilumination is too weak to help, so you are always searching for these tiny dots on your target.
If the target is just plane white without any contours it works somehow, but nowhere else.
I tried it on 100m with four different targets. On one of these I was at least able to make a good guess where the dot is. 200m poppers which where just white (or yellow) it worked, but even there it was hard to keep track of that 200m dot. 300m paper targets was not good as well: I needed very long per shot to guess that dot onto target.
=> it's neither good for speed shooting nor for precise shooting.

Pictures with illumination: set to max power; pictures are either 1x or 8x.

Red dot (1x):
red_dot_il.PNGred_dot_black.PNG

8x magnification:

8_1.PNG8_2.PNG8_3.PNG8_4_il.PNG

Ths cope:
all_1.PNGelevation_1.PNGelevation_2.PNGillumination_knob.PNG

Perhaps I just had too much expectations, or I misunderstood the reticle, but at least it does not work for me.

Feel free to ask questions!

Last edited:
Reactions: jim996