• It's Hunting Season: Show Us Your Rack!

Hunting season is finally here and we want to see pictures of your rack! Show us what you've got and we'll throw in a few t-shirts to people that send pics 👀

View thread
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rewaxing your Game Changer

frame12

Private
Minuteman
Jan 10, 2024
PacNW
What are you using to re-wax?

If you make your own wax, how close is it to the factory wax?

Seems like bee's wax and paraffin are still pretty stiff when cooled. I added a bit of Linseed Oil, maybe too much, and while better, it seems a little sticky. Especially when you compare it to the factory finish.

T

Works good. Last long time.

So sorry, couldn’t resist. Carry on

1722297238734.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Herb Stoner
I use a mix of bees wax, mineral oil, and a pinch of pinon pine resin . Heated up and when cooled it is like a salve . A little goes a long ways, and is not sticky or slimey when hot .

Reactions: frame12
I just did the otter wax before a match last weekend, worked great.

Before application I used an old toothbrush and some laundry detergent to get the worst of three years of neglect off the bag, wiped off the lather with a paper towel, hit it with a quick splash of fresh water, and let dry overnight. Then I just followed the instructions, worked it in, used a heat gun on low, etc. Bag is back to how I remember it when new, if not better, it's considerably more grippy and I had no issues with sliding off props at all.

I was in a Fjallraven store not long ago and saw that they had a canvas wax that looked a lot like the otter wax bar. Unexpectedly, when the guy asked what I was using it for, he actually knew about waxing shooting bags. At any rate, it didn’t work as good as the Otter wax. It was “harder” or “drier” and didn’t seem to work into the bag as well. Long story short: still otter wax for me. A good buddy uses the rebel rooster stuff. He shoots good…never complains that his bag isn’t waxed correctly.