• It's Hunting Season: Show Us Your Rack!

Hunting season is finally here and we want to see pictures of your rack! Show us what you've got and we'll throw in a few t-shirts to people that send pics 👀

View thread
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rimfire Flow through suppessor

I have a Huxwrx RAD 22, I wanted a few more 22 cans when wait times disappeared and that was all Mile High had. I wasn't dying to have one for any of it's features, it's just what was sitting there and it was cheap so I gave it a go.

Really happy with it, it's quiet, has less first round pop than my Sparrow, and seems to stay much cleaner in a given firing cycle between a Tacsol 10-22, Tikka T1X, and a Volquartsen pistol. I cannot explain this because the vents aren't dirty at the front so it isn't like the fouling is flying out of it, but I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth. I'd buy another one, but there are a million 22 cans out there that are good.

I still shoot one of the original TBAC 22 cans that you can't even disassemble and I love it too. I can't say there are distinct advantages to the Huxwrx but it seems to be as good as most of the other decent cans.

Thanks for the replies. I stumbled across Huxwrx which is what originally peaked my interest but couldn't figure out an actual benefit over the TBAC or DA Mask.
You better buy a can that you can completely disassemble if you’re using it for rimfire. If you shoot any sort of volume it’ll fill up pretty quick.

Reactions: blksno
Out of the five rimfire cans I have, the Rad22 is the least accurate on most any platform host. Semi rifle, bolt rifle, semi pistol all fared better accuracy wise with any other rimfire can I had (TBAC, DA Mask, SiCo Spectre 2, AAC Halcyon). I did notice that semi auto hosts stayed a little cleaner with the flow through design of the Rad22. As with most rimfire cans there was not much difference in sound performance vs. other rimfire cans i.e. it sounded just as good as anything else I have.