• It's Hunting Season: Show Us Your Rack!

Hunting season is finally here and we want to see pictures of your rack! Show us what you've got and we'll throw in a few t-shirts to people that send pics 👀

View thread
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes Ring recommendations and height for Bergara B14

42N8 1

Private
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2008
Idaho
Looking at ring recommendations and height that would work for the B14 Wilderness in a short action. The rifle will be using the Vortex Strike Eagle which has a 34 mm tube and is a 56 mm. The rifle will be sitting on a 20 MOA base.

I'm currently considering the seekins, vortex, or badger rings.

Should I go with .92, 1.00, 1.26mm height?

I would prefer the scope as low as possible but I want to make sure the bolt and bell have enough clearance.

Thanks for the assistance.

I have the Seekins Precision rings and def recommend them. I thought I saw the Vortex's were actually Seekins just rebranded. On my HMR, I have .165" (4.4mm) of clearance with the lows, which are .82 with a 30mm tube so not sure how that would translate with the bigger tube....

I have the .92” with a gen 2 razor and they’re pretty low with my KRG chassis. The bolt doesn’t interfere with the mag ring at all. I think the 1” would be a little better but the .92” will work

I've got a Razor gen2 on my B14 HMR and I used Vortex (Seekins) 1.1" height rings to get a little more clearance for the bolt handle when I installed an M&K printed throw lever. With a Defender scope cap I've got about 1/4" or so of clearance over the barrel with a 20MOA rail.