• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site Updates Coming Soon - We're Updating The Homepage!

We've got some exciting changes coming, check the thread below for more info!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes rings and mounts for Remington R-5 308

kandkster

Private
Minuteman
Apr 23, 2009
Slidell,La.
I'm new to this and need some help putting together a new rifle I purchased. I need to buy a mount and set of rings. The scope is a Swarovski AV 4-12x50 with 1" tube, I would like to keep the scope as low as possible with room for caps. If it will work with this scope I would like to use a 20 MOA mount and have the ability to sight the rifle 2" high at 100 yards for hunting, spend between 200-250 for the mount and rings.

thanks Keith

Re: rings and mounts for Remington R-5 308

Get Near Mfg base and rings. Super quality stuff. You will not be disappointed. You may want to get 30mm rings and use 1" insets so will have the flexibility to use both 1" and 30mm tube scopes.

Badger, Leupold MK IV, or Seekins. If you go with a medium you will be just off the top of the barrel with enough room to fit Butler Creeks. I used a Leupold MK IV 20MOA base and MK IV medium rings on my 5R. My objective is 50 and with BC's are just off the barrel.
rifle017.jpg

seekins 20moa base & medium rings. both for around 230 bucks & worth every penny.