• Fast is Fine, Accuracy is Final

New tee just dropped. Shop now!

Grab yours

Robar 50 BMG.....never shot, just acquired.

MeatCurtains1019

Private
Minuteman
Sep 24, 2024
Nebraska
Not sure how to look anything up on this rifle being as the company is no longer around. Magazine seems to be custom made.....wanting to get another 1 or 2 magazines made for it, living in Nebraska with very few resources around makes it tough to find someone who can make one for less than 1k. Does anyone know of any mags that will work in these by chance or is my only option to have them made? Looking like the ladder from what I can tell.
This rifle was gifted to me from my neighbor who had it ordered years back, never shot it but kept it oiled and clean. We talked about our military experiences throughout the years and him being over 60 and in declining health, decided to give me the weapon to see it be taken care of and used. I'm still young and strong and experienced with weapons, have the land to shoot it and was looking for some info about these rifles. Marine Corp vet 2006-2012. MOS 0311. This is a bit different than my M4!
New to long distance shooting. Thank you

Attachments

• 20240921_122455.jpg
    20240921_122455.jpg
    393.4 KB · Views: 43
  • 20240923_205838.jpg
    20240923_205838.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 42
  • 20240921_122622.jpg
    20240921_122622.jpg
    293.6 KB · Views: 40
  • 20240921_122902.jpg
    20240921_122902.jpg
    243 KB · Views: 43
Reactions: Stevo86
Not sure how to look anything up on this rifle being as the company is no longer around. Magazine seems to be custom made.....wanting to get another 1 or 2 magazines made for it, living in Nebraska with very few resources around makes it tough to find someone who can make one for less than 1k. Does anyone know of any mags that will work in these by chance or is my only option to have them made? Looking like the ladder from what I can tell.
This rifle was gifted to me from my neighbor who had it ordered years back, never shot it but kept it oiled and clean. We talked about our military experiences throughout the years and him being over 60 and in declining health, decided to give me the weapon to see it be taken care of and used. I'm still young and strong and experienced with weapons, have the land to shoot it and was looking for some info about these rifles. Marine Corp vet 2006-2012. MOS 0311. This is a bit different than my M4!
New to long distance shooting. Thank you
Nice! Picking up a Robar SR90 today…. Hopefully. Enjoy!

It looks almost identical but mine has a small square cutout in the back part of the magazine that catches to stop the mag from falling out. Theres no picture of it from the back. Guess I can call and ask them. When I get home I'll have to take a picture of the mag and post it. I guess its something I could cut out with a dremmel if need be as well. Just hope the dimensions are the same.
Thank you for the link!

Reactions: UNREAL HENRY
Your action was made by McMillan. I have a Tac 50 with some mags. They have the cutout.
You probably know more of the details than me. But, IIRC, Kelly and Rock McMillan (brothers, again, IIRC) formed "McBros" Rifle company. I "think" it was actually "McBros" (I know, flyshit and pepper) that built and brand labelled the actions to/for Robar (Robbie Barkman). I think the McBros facility was close to, but not in the same location as MFS. I think they wanted to keep the machining and stock manufacturing separate, if for no other reason than cleanliness.

All of the above is from fuzzy memory, so I could have undershot the runway by a fair amount.

I had a McBros manufactured 308W/SA in the late 90's. I think it was a/the "MCP" model. Of course, McMillan Stock, McBros Action and I couldn't tell you whose barrel. Nice gun, well finished.

As far as Mags ? I think the OP has all the information he's going to get. Maybe he can hold off and keep looking for mags that are less expensive. $350.00 a copy is pretty salty. But, that may be all that is out there. For that kind of money (and the fact that it's a 50), I'd be tempted to hand feed single rounds.

Last edited: