Rock River Arms NM A4 CMP TRAINER UPPER HALF

Longshot231

Four Star General
Minuteman
  • Mar 8, 2018
    I'm thinking of doing a rimfire AR build with this upper. Does anyone have any experience with it?

https://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=1973

1592052764855.png

Not it specifically, but RR generally is good kit. I had one of their DCM competition 5.56 uppers and it was very accurate and excellent fit and finish.

Last edited:
    Reactions: gunsnjeeps
    I bought one at Camp Perry last year. It’s an absolute riot. Has cycled Wolf and Federal GM well. It locks the bolt back on an empty mag, but I wish it would trip the release instead. Haven’t switched to optics, but swapping over my carry handle sight was painless. RRA are great people.

Reactions: Oldswagman
    I bought one at Camp Perry last year. It’s an absolute riot. Has cycled Wolf and Federal GM well. It locks the bolt back on an empty mag, but I wish it would trip the release instead. Haven’t switched to optics, but swapping over my carry handle sight was painless. RRA are great people.

Are you saying that when the magazine is dropped that the bolt release is tripped like what @kl3309 said?

I haven't shot that upper but I have one Rock River complete National Match rifle, a second Rock River National Match upper and use their lower build kits. I'll always say they are a good choice. For reference, I have an unknown origin .22 upper I paid $600 for second hand, original owner couldn't remember who built it and didn't have any paper work. $720 sounds reasonable.