• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rock river uppers stainless 8 twist barrels??

skeetlee

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2008
Central Illinois
A guy i know is looking at a rock river upper. Its a standard a4 20" stainless 1-8 twist with a quad rail handguard. What kind of accuracy would you expect out of an upper like this on a rr lower? Do these Wilson barrels shoot worth a hoot?

Re: Rock river uppers stainless 8 twist barrels??

My Rock River 20" predator pursuit with a Wilson barrel shoots fine. Last time I had it on a bench shooting it's favorite load it went .62 MOA. That was 4 five shot groups with very good conditions.

My 24" varminter with the 8 twist shoots 75 a-max's sub moa out to around 800, and its still pretty competitive at 1000.
DSCF4572.jpg

I have the 20" Predator Pursuit and it does well with 75 grain bullets. Just be sure to run something heavy in it and you should have great luck. The price is very competitive. I don't have the quad rail, just a pic mounted to the bottom of the factory free float tube for an Atlas but that is essentially irrelevant. You can expect sub MOA accuracy if you do your end of things. I think most people that have this upper would say the same thing. I take guys out all the time that never have shot a rifle and they easily hit a 5" steel target at 500 yards in the correct conditions given that I give them the proper instruction.
I'm running a DPMS lower with the RR two stage match trigger, and I'm not overly impressed with the trigger. If you like a light pull I would probably advise a nice single stage. I would say you can buy with confidence. Just my two cents.

Another predator/pursuit owner here.

0.5-0.75 MOA w/ Privi 75 gr BTHP factory ammo.

go ahead and get it.

A couple of my buddies have them and the rifles outshoot those guys (and me). I think they're decent for what you're paying.

A Krieger it ain't, but unless he's already shooting master or HM I doubt he'll notice the difference.

-Slice

Did load development for a friend that has the 16 inch version of this barrel. With varget and 69 grain nosler custom competions, it was printing 1/2 inch 5 shot groups at a 100 yards. The accuracy jump was in the last .5 grain increase of testing.