• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Roedale Clamp-On Brake Savage Model 12 VLP 300 WSM

LiveOak

Private
Minuteman
Jun 4, 2009
Anyone out there using a Roedale clamp-on muzzle muzzle brake on their Savage Model 12 rifles?

I have a Savage Model 12 VLP DBM in 300 WSM that I want to install a Roedale clamp on muzzle brake. The issue I have run into is that the barrel muzzle diameter on my rifle is .814.

This size muzzle diameter falls in between the muzzle diameter sizing specified for the the C21 and C20 Roedale clamp on muzzle brakes if I am reading their fit requirements correctly.

Is anyone using a Roedale clamp on muzzle brake on this make and configuration type rifle barrel and if so which clamp on muzzle brake did you use that fit properly.

The other question I have is concerning barrel tapper. On my rifle the muzzle measures .814 inch and approx. 2 inches back from the muzzle the barrel diamter measures .831 inches.

If anyone is using this clamp on brake on a factory Savage barrel, did you find that barrel tapper was a factor in hindering or causing problems with muzzle brake staying tightened properly to the barrel or in any way moving once tightened.

I have been trading PM's and emails with Pete and Geoff at Roedale concerning this but I am not certain they have sold any clamp on muzzle brakes for folks to use on Savage barrels.

Any feedback from anyone who has used the Roedale clamp on muzzle brake in the above configuration would be VERY helpful and MUCH appreciated.

I have checked with other muzzle brake makers but they either require ZERO barrel tapper or a threaded barrel with the exception of Grizzly. My preference is for the Roedale muzzle brake as they seem VERY well made and have excellent reviews from their customers excluding wait times.
smile.gif

"Outside the box" suggestions and recommendations welcome as well! TIA.