• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

ruger american 22lr accuracy ?

mosin46

Sergeant
Minuteman
Supporter
Aug 11, 2010
florida 32621
i have looked around on the web. i do doubt a lot of web postings and reviews as many are goal directed,often prejudiced for various reasons. i am asking what people on here have experienced or observed first hand. looking to get one,straight factory, maybe. my need is no place near anschutz,vuddo needs. looking for 10 shots into 1" @ 50 with mid level quality ammo-tac 22,sk st+,mid level ely,etc,not 10x,lapua sorts. really only 2 moa and i would think that is not unreasonable. that's why i ask. scope likely to be lower level athlon .vortex,etc.

@mosin46

We have 4 of the American Compact rimfires bought for kids to practice riflery. 2MOA isn’t unreasonable from the rifle part, but the stock leaves much to be desired. As does the method of holding the rifle in the stock. You could make it work if you’re hand with basic tools and epoxy.

The Ruger American rimfire is a useful small game tool. I wouldn’t call it a match rifle tho. For the small price difference I would get a CZ instead of the Ruger for NRL22 type shooting.

Reactions: Big Phish
Brenda's is not bad, On a good day with ammo it favors, putting five rounds into an inch or an inch and a half is no problem,. Brenda was nailing .22 sized animal targets at 100 yards last week at our little range. Off a bench, she got two of three. She has a Leupold Freedom 3x9 for full sized rifles and that helps.

I worry that Rugers have been somewhat a hit or miss lately.