• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Ruger american mini ranch

sam4886

Stunt Cock
Minuteman
May 15, 2019
Eastern WA
Anyone have or try out any of these little rugers? Any thoughts? Probably typical decent ruger american quality and accuracy?

Thinking they'd be good beaters for my young boys. They love to shoot my rimfires, but so do I, so I need a couple more. Good excuse to grab a couple more cans, too.

I'd probably go with a couple of the distributer exclusive ones for the shorter bull barrels. Let the kids pick their favorite colors.

Ive got a 457 all built up that they enjoy, just not trying to spend the kind of money on a couple kid guns.

The kids are 6. Accuracy of the rifles is not a huge concern. They are still very early learning shooters, obviously. Working on sight picture and safety and shooting like 40 yards.

Id probably go t1x for them over the cz. The price difference between the rugers and a t1x covers a tax stamp or half a silencer.

They'll get plenty of nice shit later.

Reactions: Big Phish
I own a 8334, have had it for probably 7-8 years. Very accurate rifle with CCI SV but I haven't shot it since I got a Bergara B14R a few years back to use as a trainer.

It'd be great if there were more stock/chassis options for it, the tupperware is typical RAR.

@sam4886

The little ruger does good service for our use as field rifles. I bought 4 of the compact models for the kids. Short threaded barrels. Ruger offers an adapter to change length of pull as they grow. Overall very nice woods plinkers for shooting squirrels, raccoons, and paper targets.

That said, they’re not target rifles. The finer optic sights are ok for woods work tho. When the kids are ready we’ll add glass. Right now they’re learning how to use irons.

My youngest is a bit order than your kids. Her small stature makes the compact rifle just a hit too long for her. She prefers to stick with the little savage rascal because it fits her better.

The Rugers are great for what they are: tools for pest control and informal target practice. They’re not target rifles at all.

Reactions: Big Phish