Firearms Ruger M77 Hawkeye Tactical 243

redneckbmxer24

Four Star General
Minuteman
Supporter
  • Jan 15, 2005
    Gulf Coast, FL
    I impulse bought this a few months back because I thought it was interesting but I have no practical use for it. It’s a Ruger Hawkeye Tactical in 243 which they only made in 2009 in 243 and in very limited numbers. I can’t find a single example of another one in 243 through the depths of google and the Ruger rep who returned my call inquiring about it said less than 100 of them. The 223 and 308 versions were produced in higher numbers for several years.

The rifle is in good shape, I bought it second hand and it didn’t look like it had been shot hardly at all. I bore scoped it and there’s really no throat erosion so there’s no way it has even 100 rounds through it. I took it to the range and shot 5 rounds of Federal 100gr powershok to get a rough zero and confirm and then shot 20rd of Federal 95gr Hybrid Hunter Berger and it shot little knots. I’ll have to locate the target for exact measurements but it was 1/2moa or better for all 4 groups. It includes the 30mm high rings that are pictured.

The rifle is in good shape but it does have a split in the top of the butt pad and has about a have dozen knicks on the left side of the barrel that have either been touched up with a paint pen or one of the perma black pens. It was like that when I got it. It’s purely cosmetic and only in the finish, they aren’t deep and won’t catch a nail. I called hogue about the butt pad and they said they’d send a new one out if I emailed pics to CS but I never did. They’ll send you a new one though and it’s two screws to change it.

I’m pricing this at $900 shipped to your FFL which is what used 308 versions go for after shipping. I think that’s fair considering the rarity of it. Payment via Zelle or USPS MO.

The ONLY trade I’d be interested in would be a Savage 110 Carbon Predator 223. NOTHING ELSE.

Attachments

• IMG_1527.jpeg
      IMG_1527.jpeg
      415.8 KB · Views: 63
    • IMG_1528.jpeg
      IMG_1528.jpeg
      383.5 KB · Views: 62
    • IMG_1529.jpeg
      IMG_1529.jpeg
      322.8 KB · Views: 48
    • IMG_1530.jpeg
      IMG_1530.jpeg