• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

ruger mark 3 o-ring washer mod

beenjammin

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Supporter
Guys I saw a mod regarding 3 washer that allow the ruger mark 3 to be fired without the mag installed. It also allows the mag to drop free. I want to do this but cannot find the sizes. Has anyone done this? could you let me know the sizes to pick up?

Or shoudl I send this VQ accurizing kit back and swap it for a mark II kit. I am reading that the mark II hammer allows me to disconnect the mag form it.

I could get a mark II hammer and bushing.

Re: ruger mark 3 o-ring washer mod

Update: If anyone is looking forward to installing a accurizing kit into their mark 3 22/45. Here is a few tips.

After installing the kit and having it not drop the hammer, and reinstalling the factory parts with no hammer funtion, I finally discovered the issue. The little are on the hammer was sticking against a little worn area on the polymer stock istead of resting in the hammer detent spring in the grip. I was ready to send it all off to a smith to figure out when i found this. Now Thats I smoothed this off, it works fine. All the videos show the kit being insalled on a mark 3 ( no 22/45) the internals are not all the same. Even the ruger exploded parts diagram is a bit misleading. Be careful.

I even got the washer magazine safety mod to finally work. All the videos and formus that i found that have done this all use a #10 SAE washer with 2 5mm spacer washers. Dont even bother with the #10 because you will have to file or cut it to allow the sear to catch, which is a real pain in the ass.

I tried just using 3 5mm washers and it works great.