• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Russian rifles and Rimfire Technologies rails

wksinatl

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 30, 2001
Atlanta, Ga
I got into the Russian target guns several months ago. I posted earlier about refinishing my first one here: http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1301562#Post1301562

Since then I bought 2 more and refinished those. These things are awesome shooters. I shoot Wold MT or SK in each of them. With sights you can get these at CDNN for 300 bucks. They are rough looking but have NEVER heard of one that didn't shoot extremely well. there ar emany different versions. Side mount irons, top mount rail irons (which allows you to use a scope rail from RT, big bot handle/knob, small bolt handle/knob, 3 lug lock up, etc.

I contacted Bob (HotRod9mm) on September 20th about the possibility of making rails to fit the top grooved Urals. After a TON of pics, measurements, and emails between us he has a finished product. I have 2 of his rails designed specifically for the Ural. One is receiver length and the other extends past the front of the receiver to allow the scope to be moved forward for more eye relief.

These rails are not retrofits. They are designed from the ground up for the Ural. Fit and finish is top notch like all of his kit. The rail is 25moa so reaching out won’t be a problem. He offers engraving as an option. His price is MORE than reasonable for such a nice product.

The rails slide on with just a slight resistance. There is no wobble or slop. I like the fact that they are low and can keep the scope as low as possible to the bore yet are still 25moa.

In the pics you will also notice one of his bolt knobs. He will have those on his web site soon. The knob he sent HotIce wasn't threaded deep enough. The one he sent me was deeper and fit just right.

Here are the rails on his site: http://www.rimfiretechnologies.com/S...lts.asp?Cat=52

It is nice dealing with a company that actually listens to what the customer's wants...and then delivers................

Keith

Here are HotRod9mm's rails gor the CM-2's.

receiver length rail

uploadlastbatchtoBob3.jpg

extended length rail

uploadlastbatchtoBob3.jpg

Engraving is an option

URAL-Rail.jpg