S&W Performance Center T/C LRR

Only thing I can say for both companies is that they dont produce junk.
If this rig shoots as well as a T/C compass in 6.5 id say that they are onto something. The compass shoots sub moa with quality factory ammo even though it rides in a less than desirable stock.
I'd go on to say it will probably be in the same class as the savage stealth or ruger precision.
I would just like to see more information and videos.

You must not know any serious revolver shooters. Mind you I said shooters, not collectors. The Performance Center absolutely does produce junk and there's thousands of pictures on revolver forums to prove it.

Agreed. There is nothing “performance” about anything out of the S&W Performance center. I say that as a fan of S&W M&P pistols.

I don’t think that that means this rifle will be junk, but I personally wouldn’t want to be the test case for a new release of a S&W product

They should have used the icon/warlord action.
Three lug 60 degree bolt.
Three integral recoil lugs
Integral Picatinny rail
Beefy side bolt release.

Only thing I can say for both companies is that they dont produce junk.
If this rig shoots as well as a T/C compass in 6.5 id say that they are onto something. The compass shoots sub moa with quality factory ammo even though it rides in a less than desirable stock.
I'd go on to say it will probably be in the same class as the savage stealth or ruger precision.
I would just like to see more information and videos.
I have one and love it. 1000 isn't even working it yet...I'm shooting factory Hornady 140 and 147 gr and loving life. Topped it off with a Vortex Strike Eagle scope and won part of the 1st division of a competition with it while running it through the 1st 30 shots...

Reactions: DonHD1975
I have one and love it. 1000 isn't even working it yet...I'm shooting factory Hornady 140 and 147 gr and loving life. Topped it off with a Vortex Strike Eagle scope and won part of the 1st division of a competition with it while running it through the 1st 30 shots...
This is definitely on my list of purchases. Can't believe there isn't more info and videos on this rifle yet. Glad to see someones opinion on it that has one. Seems like its shot down and degraded even before people get there hands on one to shoot. I like the savage 110 as well but not sure about the vertical grip. I think i would like more the the AR style grip that the Performance LRR has over the savage 110? Whats your thoughts on that since you have one?

This is definitely on my list of purchases. Can't believe there isn't more info and videos on this rifle yet. Glad to see someones opinion on it that has one. Seems like its shot down and degraded even before people get there hands on one to shoot. I like the savage 110 as well but not sure about the vertical grip. I think i would like more the the AR style grip that the Performance LRR has over the savage 110? Whats your thoughts on that since you have one?
I recently bought a Savage Axis II Long Range Precision in 223 just for 600 yard groundhog shoots and I'm having a blast with it...LOL

Came across the Performance Center lrr 6.5 creedmoor last night. Not much info about it.
Anyone seen any groups that these rifles are producing?

If you are still interested
I picked mine up last Thursday and was able to mount the scope and get it on paper today.
The rifle seems ok, I like the adjustments that can be made to fit the shooter. The bolt was a little stiff locking in but is getting better. The bipod is total junk and will be replaced.
I loaded 140 grain Hornady ELD-M's over 40.0 gr. of H4350 as a starting point.
Keep in mind I just finished Frank's book and am changing the way I shoot and still fine tuning the rifle to fit me. The target was at 100 yds and I knew the last shot was a flier.
I have no doubt as I get better at teqnique and the rifle gets more rounds through it the group will shrink. 20201010_170549.jpg20201010_154648.jpg

20201010_154648.jpg

20201010_170549.jpg

Reactions: sgtsmmiii