• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

SA OR LA

im very new to bolt guns. I just bought a rem. 700 SPS varmint rifle in a .308. I would like to get a better stock for it. but not sure if i have a short action or long action.

also i don't have alot of money to spend on a new stock but i would like to have a better percision stock. I'm on a low budget so if you guys could point me in the right direction on were to start looking that would be great. thanks

Re: SA OR LA

+1 on the For Sale section. Lots of great guys on here to do buisness with out worry of getting shafted.

You wanna check out "optics and accesories" for stocks.

Re: SA OR LA

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's a great pointer in the right direction. You are "very new to bolt guns" ( your words) I would worry about firing the rifle and learning how to shoot before you get gung-ho about upgrades. How are you going to know what's "better"? </div></div>

+1

You will want to spend most of that new stock money in decent ammunition for some experience and practice.