SAC Seating Die - real world experiences?

simonp

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Supporter
Feb 29, 2020
Just curious if there are true real world benefits to moving over to the SACs seating die apart from the fact that one can use one die on multiple calibers. Has anyone switched over to the SACs seating die and seen a difference in their loading and on paper? If so what were you using prior to the SAC's die?

TIA

It’s a great die, measurements on the dial are spot on. Don’t know if does anything better on paper than any other quality seater but it is a quality die and nice to be able to use it for other cartridges if you want

Reactions: simonp
I have a few of these dies at the moment. Fit and finish is excellent. The ability to size your bushing and mandrel is a big positive. I also use them utilizing the expander decapping mandrel which lets me do everything in one pass versus my old honed Forster die and Mandrel.

I would rather buy two of these dies and have them preset versus switching bushings and mandrels every time I wanted to load a different caliber.

They are expensive but anything I’m serious about loading at the moment the SAC does are my go-to.

I have a few of these dies at the moment. Fit and finish is excellent. The ability to size your bushing and mandrel is a big positive. I also use them utilizing the expander decapping mandrel which lets me do everything in one pass versus my old honed Forster die and Mandrel.

I would rather buy two of these dies and have them preset versus switching bushings and mandrels every time I wanted to load a different caliber.

They are expensive but anything I’m serious about loading at the moment the SAC does are my go-to.

That’s cool, I’ve never seen a seating die with a bushing or mandrel.

I have found the SAC dies to give repeatable, consistent measurements and really good run-out.

They are quality items and priced accordingly, I'm more than willing to purchase more.

Reactions: simonp
I’m sure this helped OP immensely!

Do you have or have you used the die and have anything useful to add to the conversation?

Oh he mad. I know your post helped the OP immensely in his quest for knowledge about the seating die.

I have four of these seaters. I’ve posted here before that THE seating die is one of the better products on the market, for the reason that the micrometer head generally is consistent in depth adjustment. A thousandth means a thousandth. I think the seating stems could be better but that would mean the die wouldn’t come with a two sizes fits all solution for a given case size (I.e., two seating stems come with the die, but they could be better if there were more sizes to fit hybrids with the sharp contact to the jacket).

Hope that makes you feel better buddy!

Oh he mad. I know your post helped the OP immensely in his quest for knowledge about the seating die.

I have four of these seaters. I’ve posted here before that THE seating die is one of the better products on the market, for the reason that the micrometer head generally is consistent in depth adjustment. A thousandth means a thousandth. I think the seating stems could be better but that would mean the die wouldn’t come with a two sizes fits all solution for a given case size (I.e., two seating stems come with the die, but they could be better if there were more sizes to fit hybrids with the sharp contact to the jacket).

Hope that makes you feel better buddy!
Wasn’t mad at all just thought you were being a smart ass and admit I totally misread the OP and thought he was asking about sizing dies.

Wasnt until your review it sunk in. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: simonp and TheOE800