• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Saker ASR failed in less than 90 rds of 5.56

BrassGoblin03

Private
Minuteman
Jul 27, 2024
Oklahoma
IMG_3295.jpeg
IMG_3296.jpeg
Shooting my AR the other day and my saker decided it no longer needed to have a sleeve on the baffle stack. No end cap strike, no loose mount, no baffle strike it just decided to tshirt cannon launch that bitch into a tree 30 yards in front of me. Figured I would share. So far the Silencerco warranty response has taken over a week and I still don’t have a shipping label after them trying to make me pay to ship it for their manufacturing issue. I have multiple cans from different companies and won’t be buying another silencerco (my most recent form 4 approval took 3 days so even the ATF is moving faster then silencerco)

View attachment 8486208View attachment 8486209Shooting my AR the other day and my saker decided it no longer needed to have a sleeve on the baffle stack. No end cap strike, no loose mount, no baffle strike it just decided to tshirt cannon launch that bitch into a tree 30 yards in front of me. Figured I would share. So far the Silencerco warranty response has taken over a week and I still don’t have a shipping label after them trying to make me pay to ship it for their manufacturing issue. I have multiple cans from different companies and won’t be buying another silencerco (my most recent form 4 approval took 3 days so even the ATF is moving faster then silencerco)
Following with interest, please keep us updated.

So you're saying the "sleeve" was launched? so lucky the end cap didn't take a strike!! so this had to slow walk down the tube until the blast shot it downrange, kind of like a supressor cover I launched one day at the range. My Omega 300 loosened also and Silencerco said use red locktite on it and put it back on. I did and no more problems. Probably your best bet considering that's what they are going to do.

Reactions: BrassGoblin03
So you're saying the "sleeve" was launched? so lucky the end cap didn't take a strike!! so this had to slow walk down the tube until the blast shot it downrange, kind of like a supressor cover I launched one day at the range. My Omega 300 loosened also and Silencerco said use red locktite on it and put it back on. I did and no more problems. Probably your best bet considering that's what they are going to do.
I would try that but the omega 300 has threads that keep the sleeve on. The saker has no threads to rocksett or locktite to keep the sleeve on. Yeah there was no walking off at all lol it went from normal to 30 yards down range in two shots lol. Not impressed with their “hard use” can.

Update on thread: Still no shipping label from silencerco it’s now been over a week and a half and it’s been complete radio silence. I ended up just paying to ship it myself with the RMA number they provided on the box from our initial email because I was tired of waiting. I will never buy another one of their cans. This experience has been the worse customer service I have ever had. I am not one to bash companies but silencerco owns this one.

Update on thread: Still no shipping label from silencerco it’s now been over a week and a half and it’s been complete radio silence. I ended up just paying to ship it myself with the RMA number they provided on the box from our initial email because I was tired of waiting. I will never buy another one of their cans. This experience has been the worse customer service I have ever had. I am not one to bash companies but silencerco owns this one.
You see where PTG just put new lipstick on their "Pig" ? (Maybe you've never dealt with them before.... :rolleyes: )

I'm surprised they even sent you an RMA since you could have fixed it yourself, but I understand your frustration with a lack of customer service via no phone support so they can tell you exactly how to remedy the problem. You can't possibly think you and me are the only one's this has happened to?? It's an easy fix but since you won't ever buy another it's a moot point. But at least you are going to have a functional supressor when it returns. I have to agree it's an odd way to secure a sleeve. :oops:

I'm surprised they even sent you an RMA since you could have fixed it yourself, but I understand your frustration with a lack of customer service via no phone support so they can tell you exactly how to remedy the problem. You can't possibly think you and me are the only one's this has happened to?? It's an easy fix but since you won't ever buy another it's a moot point. But at least you are going to have a functional supressor when it returns. I have to agree it's an odd way to secure a sleeve. :oops:
I inquired about using rocksett to secure the sleeve and they said it would not work because the omega for example has threads near the base of the can that it threads to. If you zoom in on the saker baffle stack there are no threads to thread it to. Not sure if they use pixie dust or what to keep the can on but they said it wasn’t a failure of a weld and it’s designed to separate from the baffle stack for maintenance reasons…… I’m pretty sure it’s not supposed to come off in the manner it did for me silencerco lol. They took no accountability (I’m not shocked)

It's not a moot point... He'll need to fix himself 100 rounds after he gets it back.

• Haha
Reactions: 91Eunozs
I inquired about using rocksett to secure the sleeve and they said it would not work because the omega for example has threads near the base of the can that it threads to. If you zoom in on the saker baffle stack there are no threads to thread it to. Not sure if they use pixie dust or what to keep the can on but they said it wasn’t a failure of a weld and it’s designed to separate from the baffle stack for maintenance reasons…… I’m pretty sure it’s not supposed to come off in the manner it did for me silencerco lol. They took no accountability (I’m not shocked)
Yeah seems like you are getting the run around but I’m hoping you get it worked out.

The customer shouldn't have to fix this.

I think SiCo is a decent company and they've always been great when I've dealt with them. I totally get the OPs frustration in this situation though, and I don't blame him for not wanting another SiCo after this.

Well silencerco received it yesterday and it is one it’s way back today. However it has been complete radio silence from them since last Wednesday when they said they would send me a label to ship it in 24-48hrs which they never did. I have not heard a single word from them so I’m glad I took care of everything. Hopefully the can will have some info about what went wrong and how they fixed it but I doubt it. I hope I never have to deal with this company again.

Well silencerco received it yesterday and it is one it’s way back today. However it has been complete radio silence from them since last Wednesday when they said they would send me a label to ship it in 24-48hrs which they never did. I have not heard a single word from them so I’m glad I took care of everything. Hopefully the can will have some info about what went wrong and how they fixed it but I doubt it. I hope I never have to deal with this company again.
Is it possible it emailed to your spam folder?

Reactions: Holliday
Wow. This really is piss poor CS.
I had a return with them from blistering on the coating of my Omega 30 years ago and it was back to me in a couple weeks with their label. Sucks to hear this.

Reactions: Holliday
Well I never did hear another word from silencerco. I got the can back today, inside the box there was no work order or communication about what went wrong or how they fixed it. They also sent it with a brand new ASR mount which is completely redesigned from the one I sent in. My guess is the ASR mount failed and they don’t want to explain that their mounting system sucks. Anyway that being said I’m done with silencerco.

Attachments

• IMG_3341.jpeg
    IMG_3341.jpeg
    503.8 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_3342.jpeg
    IMG_3342.jpeg
    460.8 KB · Views: 32
Reactions: Charmingmander
Well I never did hear another word from silencerco. I got the can back today, inside the box there was no work order or communication about what went wrong or how they fixed it. They also sent it with a brand new ASR mount which is completely redesigned from the one I sent in. My guess is the ASR mount failed and they don’t want to explain that their mounting system sucks. Anyway that being said I’m done with silencerco.
Probably didn’t get cleaned before they glued on the outer sleeve.

Looks like they welded it( fucking weld is crooked like a thread lol)
1725401576906.png

Last edited: